Thread: DMH

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

DMH

Anybody know what's going on with DMH?? I sent back one of my electric cutouts last October for a warranty replacement and I have not received anything back from them. I have sent them multiple emails with no reply and numerous phone calls with no answer. I see their website is still up. Anybody know something I don't?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I haven't heard anything about them from any of our members. Where are they out of?

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

The're out of OH. Here's the website Welcome to DMH Performance!.
    I actually saw a forum post awhile back about them being great and especially with their warranty. I'm just trying to see if anyone has had the same problem or had done any business with them lately.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

From what ive read on other forums hes gotten too big and is overwhelmed or something like that. Alot of people are having a hard time getting through and its been like that for a while I know. One guy took several months to get through. If you can get ahold of him hes still honoring the waranty. It just takes forever for him to do it.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Its been a year and a half since I got my cut out and I didnt get his for this reason. I was afraid of ordering it and never receiving it in time. So its probably been 2 years since I first started seeing complaints about the time it takes.

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Its been a year and a half since I got my cut out and I didnt get his for this reason. I was afraid of ordering it and never receiving it in time. So its probably been 2 years since I first started seeing complaints about the time it takes.
    It took 3 months to receive it after I place my order. When one of the cutouts went bad I called, they told me to send it in and they'd send me another one. That was last October... Now they will not answer any of my emails or phone calls... Looks like I'll be buying another set from somewhere else. You have any recommendations of where to get my next set?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

DMH was the recommended cutout when I purchased ours. Hopefully he is able to get his act together as it is a nicely built unit.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

DMH is the best that ive seen. I got mine through texas-speed but im pretty sure its the same one sold on sites like jeggs. QTP is pretty good but even their reviews seem to be getting worse when I was checking around.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

3 months is a long time to get a cutout especially considering they are made state side. Some who have delt with him on a more personal level think his problem is that he will not hire a big enough staff to handle the load. One guy said he was to thin on inventory and was getting a batch fixing them and sending them out to other people waiting on one. Alot of opinions but no real facts. The fact you got through on the phone is pretty damn lucky ive seen some guys call for 6 months straight with no answer or call back.

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Yeah it was amazing that he answered when I called for a warranty replacement but for the last 6 months I can't get an answer, call back or an email... I figured a simple email reply would do a little good...
    I'm looking to get these cutouts by Pypes minus the y pipes. PYPES HVE10K PYPES Electric Exhaust Cutouts - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS They look really similar if I remember right to DMH and should line up easily. Anybody have any feedback on them?

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Never seen that one before but they are made to fit a standard size cut out pipe so should be fine.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Never tried their cutouts, but I do have two exhaust systems from Pypes. I wouldn't hesitate to order a cutout from them.

Thread Information