silver
    2002 Z28 Convertible 4A

Did the BCM repair,now what?

For over 2 years I've owned the 2002 Z28, the drivers side window has intermittently not rolled up, down or stuck in between. Covinced it was the BCM, I pulled and repaired the solder joints, everything seemed fine when I put into Winter storage. When I pulled it out same problem as before. What does anyone think? Lack of ground to the window motor, bad window motor, bad window switch?

White
    '02 Camaro SS

Because the problem intermittent, the hardest to find and fix I would think a connection somewhere. Have you gone through and inspected / reattached all the wire connections?
    BTW thanks for reminding me to do my BCM.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

So it goes completely out, or just slows down?

If it's going completely out, your sure it isn't the BCM, I would check the grounding first as well, then the switches. The motor slows down when it's going, I'm not thinking it's the motor.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by mrc54 View Post
    For over 2 years I've owned the 2002 Z28, the drivers side window has intermittently not rolled up, down or stuck in between. Covinced it was the BCM, I pulled and repaired the solder joints, everything seemed fine when I put into Winter storage. When I pulled it out same problem as before. What does anyone think? Lack of ground to the window motor, bad window motor, bad window switch?
    Likely the window motor is taking a shit.. If it were the BCM you would have more problems all across interior controls not just one window..

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by SSnow View Post
    Because the problem intermittent, the hardest to find and fix I would think a connection somewhere. Have you gone through and inspected / reattached all the wire connections?
    BTW thanks for reminding me to do my BCM.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144674
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-11-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Window motor is toast & needs replaced.
    Heats up, stops.....cools for a few then works again til it heats up again.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I will check the wires and grounds to make sure they are clean. It's very possible that the motor is going bad like mention before. The switch could be bad if the motor is completly stopping, not slowing down and then stop.

Like Rob said they heat up and stop working until they cool down.

silver
    2002 Z28 Convertible 4A

The speed of the window going up and down is fast, The temperature was about 40, so it wasn't overheating. The window just wouldn't go down. After about 10 minutes driving time, it worked fine. I also should mention that there is intermittent static in the drivers door speaker. I am leaning towards a ground problem. Any tips on pulling the door panel without destoying it?
    Last edited by mrc54; 03-12-2011 at 07:27 AM.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

to remove the panel , 1st pop the cover that holds the power lock/window switches and unplug it out. Remove the small screw that holds the cover for the door handle. You have to grab the lock/unlock slide lock mechanism and slowly pull on it until the plastic piece pop out of the solid piece of metal wire. Disconnect the light bulb from the door handle cover. Remove the screw that holds the small black plastic triangle piece by the side mirror and remove it.

There are 4 screws that hold the panel down. One inside the area were you pop the cover of the switches. two underneath the handle rail, one in the front area and one in the back. The last one is at the bottom of where you can put stuff in the panel.

Once you have the screws out, hit the panel from the bottom up, like you are trying to slide it up. Don't pull back until you slide it up 1st. Once you slide it up you should be able to pull it out. you might have to gently move it to clear the tabs.

Instalation is reverse.

Thread Information