delinquent543

Question diagnostic problem

So the SES light has been on for a while (came on, went off, then came on agian and hasnt gone off for a few months). I finally get around to going to Autozone so they can scan my car. They plug the handheld thing in and nothing happens (yes they did it in the correct order: plug in then put the key in and turn). After a few more trys they give up. I go to another autozone and they try it (with a differnt handheld model). agian nothing happens. Whats wrong? the thing isnt even lighting up nor is it giving me any information. Any body give me some advice as to whats happening and why i cant even scan it to find out why the SES light is on.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

i have a similar problem with my Durango. Problem is there is no signal on Data Bus Line. After my testing i concluded something is ethier wrong with my connector, of in the wiring up to the connector. i used a "bed of nails" ( this thing you clamp onto the wiring and see the freqency thats going thru the wire, it was very low. The way i get my codes outta my truck is "the 3 turn key". A little trick that works with CHRYSLER. Turn key on off 3 times and then it spits out the codes on the digital odometer. Maybe theres something like this you can use on yours.?

redls1bird
    i dont know of anything like that on f bods. but you should have a fuse for your dlc (data link connector) The testers that are used are actually powered up from the plug. you know that if a manufacturer sends power to something its gonna be fused. i dont know which one, you might have to reference a diagram. its also very possible that your lack of power is directly related to your SES light.

delinquent - check your CIG/ACCY fuse - it also powers the DLC.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Check the back of the connector for any loose wires....the actual connector is the same connector for every obdII 96+ vehicle...but not all pins used are the same...I attached a pic of the connector and correct pin positions. Data pin goes to the datawire on the harness...grounds go to chassis...and power has to go to a constant, like the pcm or something. good luck
    Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 05-09-2006 at 10:26 AM.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
    delinquent - check your CIG/ACCY fuse - it also powers the DLC.
    yea do that first

Thread Information