Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Damn Pop-up head lights.

This is a discussion on Damn Pop-up head lights. within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by YoMommasTA remember NEVER EVER turn your lights on while moving,it destroys the gears fast from the force ...

Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    remember NEVER EVER turn your lights on while moving,it destroys the gears fast from the force of the wind acting on the opening doors.My wifes 99 has 90k on it and the motors are like new,no grinding and she drives alot at night.But she never turns then on unless she is stopped.Guess how we know not to turn um on while moving?????
    try to remember this.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Just replaced the brass gears last night... fixed the problems and they open and close faster now too! Pass side wasn't too bad, but the driver side had a nice chunk out of the side of the gear and the metal clip inside was all rusted up. Kind of a pain in the ass as I had to take off both headlight assemblies and had to raise and lower the lights a dozen times..lol. But a hell of a lot cheaper than taking it to a Stealership!
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

red
    1999 trans am convert

Here is a link to a new source for the brass gears and the guy throws in some neat extra parts!http://my.execpc.com/C4/4A/rodney1/firebird/

red
    1999 trans am convert

OK,guess I don't know how to make a link work!But it is well worth your time to go to this site if you have to order gears cause he includes an extra brace to keep the two halves together after gluing!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information