damaged top of rear seat

This is a discussion on damaged top of rear seat within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; the top of the rear leather seat in my TA is damaged badly.it looks all dried out and shrunk.its a ...

damaged top of rear seat

the top of the rear leather seat in my TA is damaged badly.it looks all dried out and shrunk.its a 99,anyone else have this kind of damage? the reason i ask is the car was repainted TWICE last year because of damage,i'm starting to think when they baked it TWICE they damaged the top of the rear seat.i have owned many other ta's and have never seen this kind of damage before.

Pontiac Builds Excitement Silverbird01's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Pontiac TransAm WS6

I have had the same problems with the top of the back seat. Mine comes from the sun coming through the rear window. My old '98 TransAm had it and now my '01 WS6 has the same problem. I'm using Meguires Leather Conditioner and covering the top of the back seat with a thick towel all the way across it.
    I wish I could fold the seat down but then I can't get the drivers seat back far enough to be comfortable so I have to leave it up.
    Do you leave your car out in the driveway like I do? If so that is probably the problem.

make sure that you condition the leather every month or two to ensure longevity on the life of the leather seats when in the sunlight.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

try www.leatherseats.com a little high but they can do it. hope this help thanks jeremy

thanks for the replys,i called a local interior shop.dood says he sees this damage all the time on the newer fbods.his fix is to recover the back of the seat with carpet,then bring it up over the top.so he uses the old leather cover,just cuts the bad off and the new carpet covers that area.he says the sun can't hurt the carpet.

Thread Information