Cracked Door Panel and Under Powered Window

This is a discussion on Cracked Door Panel and Under Powered Window within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have a 99 Trans Am WS6, and the door panels are cracked. No big deal there. Also, my power ...

Black
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Cracked Door Panel and Under Powered Window

I have a 99 Trans Am WS6, and the door panels are cracked. No big deal there. Also, my power window motor is pretty much shot and my driver side window takes an entire day to go up and down. Now i would love to replace my power window motor before summer rolls around but I am afraid that if the dealership takes off the cracked door panel to replace the motor, when they go to put it back on, it wont go back on right. My question is: Has anyone replaced the power window motors with cracked door panels? I want to be sure my door panels are going to fit back on when it comes time to put the panels back on.

Black

Has anyone taken off the door panels and got them back on with no difficulty? Has anyone donethis with a crack in the door panel?

philsls1
    if you are going to replace the window motor i would just replace the door panel while its off. you can find them all day long on ebay. i had to replace my motor on passenger side and had the same crack you are talking about right in middle of panel(very common on these cars). i just went on ebay and found another passenger side door panel in ebony and replaced it also. think i only paid like 65 plus shipping for it or maybe that included the shipping. cant remember now. good luck.

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

Quote Originally Posted by philsls1
    if you are going to replace the window motor i would just replace the door panel while its off. you can find them all day long on ebay.
    Makes sense to me too. Make your ride look right.

Black

I would do that but problem is i only have the money to replace one or the other because money is tight and the dealership i work for will only let me charge so much. I would absolutely love to fix the door panels. I also have a 1993 Trans Am that is kind of just sitting there for parts right now and I was wondering if the door panels out of the 1993 will fit in a 1999? I dont see why that wouldnt work but you never know.

philsls1
    i dont believe panels of 93 will work. i believe plastic clips are in different spots. im telling u go on ebay and search for the motor and door panel and it will be cheaper for both than what the dealer is charging or will be at least pretty close to same.

Thread Information