Pewter
    '00 SS

A couple questions

I am looking to do a little maintenance to my car and need some help because I am still farely new to the car game.

I have a pcv catch can on the way to my house and am looking for a step by step guide to do the install myself. Please help out where y'all can.

Also, I have been having this damn squeal from my a/c tensioner. I have had my mechanic try and try to fix the issue and come to find out it is a bent a/c bracket. How this happened, I have no f-in clue. The two pulley's are brand new so I know that is not my problem. I have the bracket on the way to me too. Is the install pretty self explanatory on that? Pretty much pull it off and replace it? If there is any certain thing I should look out for or try please let me know.

Thanks for the help

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Pulling out the a/c was pretty straightforward as I recall. If I can get my car on a lift tomorrow I'll see if I can get some info for you. Catch can is easy

Pewter
    '00 SS

Not to sound like a smart ass but, if it's easy, can you give me a step by step please?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Depending which you got it might mount differently.
    Here's some peoples
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134990
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81389
    You will notice on some people's cars they have an ls-6 valley cover so the inlet will be different. Yours and mine comes around on the passenger side. You'll also notice that most have a bracket that mount where your egr is.
    General rule of thumb the inlet to the pcv is the top and the lower is the exit going back to the manifold/throttle body.

this pic you can see they have an ls-6 valley cover where the hose comes from underneath the intake.

Pewter
    '00 SS

thanks. helps a lot

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

to remove the bracket you need to remove the belts The compressor has 4 bolts I believe. Remove those and rest the compressor against the sway bar or tight it down somewhere out of the way. Remove the pulley and tensioner.
    The bracket has 4 bolts. Remove those and the bracket comes out. install the new bracket and transfer your pulley and tensioner back. re install the compressor and belts.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    to remove the bracket you need to remove the belts The compressor has 4 bolts I believe. Remove those and rest the compressor against the sway bar or tight it down somewhere out of the way. Remove the pulley and tensioner.
    The bracket has 4 bolts. Remove those and the bracket comes out. install the new bracket and transfer your pulley and tensioner back. re install the compressor and belts.
    perfect. thanks

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

The a/c swap is pretty easy, once youre in there you will understand it fine.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

The squeal is most likely from the vibration caused by the bent bracket that has ruined your belt. Don't forget to pick up new one of these.

I'd recommend gatorback.

Pewter
    '00 SS

yea my belt is a little frayed. r those belts at all parts stores? is it really worth it to get an underdrive pulley? i know that really has nothing to do with what i am asking yall but just wondering.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    yea my belt is a little frayed. r those belts at all parts stores? is it really worth it to get an underdrive pulley? i know that really has nothing to do with what i am asking yall but just wondering.
    yeah you can buy the belts at any autoparts. Some don't sell the gatorback ones. you don't need a underpulley unless you want to upgrade.

Pewter
    '00 SS

i dont wanna upgrade honestly(pulley wise at least). just a lot of guys on here think that is the way to go with things.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    Gatorback's weren't available at the local auto parts by me. Only the goodyear store had them, but I ordered mine off of amazon.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Gatorback's weren't available at the local auto parts by me. Only the goodyear store had them, but I ordered mine off of amazon.
    Part number?

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    Part number?
    I'll try to see if the invoice is still in my GF's email, it was a few years ago, but I looked it up by comparing belt sizes from (insert chain auto part store)'s website to goodyears. Then took that # to amazon. Would have been smart of me to save, huh?

Thread Information