complete ls1 swap blogs and sites?

This is a discussion on complete ls1 swap blogs and sites? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Hi, Im new to this site and am in the process of doing a ground up restore of a 67 ...

unknown
    1967 firebird

complete ls1 swap blogs and sites?

Hi,
    Im new to this site and am in the process of doing a ground up restore of a 67 firbird. I am looking for sites and info from others who have taken on this type of project. this link is the type of site I am looking for, although this one if for a 3rd gen swap, it is the type of thing Im looking for

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/lt...on-answer.html

Any help would be much apreciated!!
    Thanks

Silver
    87 Monte SS

You may have to piece together any swap info you can find for any type of car, and figure out the rest. I swapped an LS1 into my 87 Monte SS myself almost 2 years ago, and there wasn't as much information back then. Although I'm a certified mechanic, which helps quite a bit. I also used to work at a forced induction specialty shop and became quite familiar with the LSX series engines. I'm happy to help you in anyway I can, don't hesitate to ask. I've also built a few small and big block first gen F bodies, and am familiar with them too. It's not nearly as difficult of a project as it seems.

Silver
    87 Monte SS

Also you can see my car here if you'd like. Keep in mind it's daily driven, so it's dirty.

white
    83 mustang coupe

Is this build for racing or driving?

unknown
    1967 firebird

Quote Originally Posted by crossbredfoxbody View Post
    Is this build for racing or driving?
    My plan is to build a 350, 400 hp driver

grey
    1986 Camaro

Okay so i have a 1986 Camaro and threw in a ls1 but cant get to fire it up, seems that the injectors don't have any negative running to the them, and i flashed the computer and i am using the original wire harness, just took all the extra wires i didn't need. is it that the computer is not flashed right, or which wires are the one's that send the negative and positive charges to the injectors that i would be able to check...?

Silver
    87 Monte SS

Quote Originally Posted by ls1irocz View Post
    Okay so i have a 1986 Camaro and threw in a ls1 but cant get to fire it up, seems that the injectors don't have any negative running to the them, and i flashed the computer and i am using the original wire harness, just took all the extra wires i didn't need. is it that the computer is not flashed right, or which wires are the one's that send the negative and positive charges to the injectors that i would be able to check...?
    One of the wires at each injector will have +12V constant with the key in the run position, and the computer momentarily grounds the other each time it wants to fire an injector, so you will only get ground there when the engine is cranking or running, and it's very short pulses, if you are using a standard test light, it might be too fast for the bulb to light up, you need to use an LED test light, and what I like to do is to run the probe of the test light into one terminal, and the lead clipped onto a cotter pin or something small and stuck in the other terminal, then when you crank the engine you should see the LED flashing very quickly. If you are getting spark, but not injector pulse, and all your wiring is good then your computer is faulty, the computer will always spark and fire injectors together, if you aren't getting either, then the computer is faulty, or isn't turning on, or is unaware that the engine is turning, and you may have an issue with the crankshaft position sensor or circuit. Make sure all your powers and grounds to your computer are good, there are multiple powers and grounds to it.

Thread Information