white
    2000 Z28

codes throwing ses light part II

this time it is o0420 and p0430. in other words cat efficiency low in bank 1 and two. i have o2 sims in the back and the cats only appear to be cats. they are gutted out. the causes list from cats defective, engine misfire/running condition, large vacuum leak, and engine oil leakage. the car seems to have been acting up lately at stop lights, it just goes rough. but i have a slight oil aswell. i was just thinking of taking it to have a full tune up and having it checked out in general. the only bad thing is i will be w/o a car for a few days. any suggestions???

black
    2002 WS6

Could be the sims as well, since those are what would most likely generate those codes. A rough Idle an be caused by many things. From a vacuum leak to a dirty MAF.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I agree. Sounds like your sims aren't doing their job and like he stated. You could do the tune up and clean the MAF yourself on a Saturday afternoon. Nothing about it is hard.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Yepp save time and money, do the tune-up yourself and clean your maf. Plenty of write ups floating around here if ya need info..
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

white
    2000 Z28

intake assembly was cleaned 2 weekends ago with cnc maf cleaner and a follow up with a shot about an hour after. i am not sure what a full tune up consists of because i have heard so many different things from multiple people and i decided to take the car to my mechanic because i want to get rid of the oil leak. i dont have a whole lot of spare time and i cant afford to be w/o the car for extended periods of time while i work on it. i would much rather take it to someone that i trust and know will not rape me on cost (friend of family with his own shop) for labor, and have it gone for a day or two as opposed to having it out of commission for god knows how long. i dont have much spare time due to a surge of overtime for my crew. all that and my emmissions is coming up quick and i don't want to procrastinate. if you know what i mean. but as for the sims i am gonna get ahold of my tuner and get rid of the rear o2s. i got the sims from a buddy who bought them from ws6store. they were still new in the sealed bag. he was gonna put them in and then got a tune and the tuner said he'll delete them so he won't need them. so he sold them to me for 40 bucks, and thats how i ended up with sims.

white
    2000 Z28

is there anything in particular that i have to do for the sims when installing them or are they supposed to nullify the codes as soon as i install them?

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Just plug them in, one on either side in the rear harness. I would personaly reset the computer or dis-connect the battery for a bit then start it up and see what happens.
    Its a gamble but i ran them for two years with no issues.
    J

If you had the codes before you installed them I'd try clearing the codes or reset the PCM manually and see if they come back.

white
    2000 Z28

i disconnected the battery and im gonna go for a cruise for a bit and see if the codes come back on. whether they do or not i still plan on taking care of the oil leak at least. if anybody has some more info dont be shy i would very much appreciate it and to those who had some input thanks.

Thread Information