Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: codes?

Navy Blue Metallic/Black
    02 camaro z28/01 wife t/a

codes?

I have a 02 camaro z28 m6 and the SES light has been on since i both it. So far i have replace both 02 sensors but my light still stays on. Today i had it scan again and these two coeds now show. Does anybody have more information on this coeds and what exacly are they and do? thanks in advance

P0430

Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 2

P0704

clutch switch input circuit.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by reaper ws6 View Post
    I have a 02 camaro z28 m6 and the SES light has been on since i both it. So far i have replace both 02 sensors but my light still stays on. Today i had it scan again and these two coeds now show. Does anybody have more information on this coeds and what exacly are they and do? thanks in advance

P0430

Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 2

P0704

clutch switch input circuit.
    do you know if they tuned out the rear o2 sensors on the car? there are 4 O2 sensors in the car if it is OEM. bank 1 is drivers side. Did you replace the senosr that is at the exhaust manifold or the one after the cats?

The cluth switch clould be bad and just need to be replaced. i don't have a M6 but in all the manual cars i had is right above the clutch pedal. Im sure someone else will confirm this for you.
    Last edited by JayTA98; 05-25-2011 at 06:44 PM.

You can look up the code descriptions/diagnostics at gearchatter.com for your year. P0430 is a bank 2 (passenger side) rear 02 code - but the culprit is most likely a failed cat. GM extended the warranty on them to 10 years/120K for the 00-02 F cars. Might not be under warranty anymore depending on when the vehicle was put into service. The other code should be simple fix.

For 02's: Bank 1 drivers side, Bank 2 passenger side. Sensor 1 precat, Sensor 2 post cat.
    Last edited by 2001NBMZ28; 05-25-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Well crap, not what I thought this thread was going to be about.

The catayst efficiency code is either a rear O2 sender acting up or your converter is actually on its way out. Only other possibility would be a wiring issue.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    me too...

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    me too...
    I was wondering if they had their clothes off

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

The catayst efficiency code is either a rear O2 sender acting up or your converter is actually on its way out. Only other possibility would be a wiring issue.
    ^This. On both accounts

Navy Blue Metallic/Black

sorry for the bad introduction it was the only way i could for sure get help (naw just playing) i actually spell it wrong. I did it before work and only had 5 minutes to do it lol sorry. But back to the subject how do i find out if its still under warranty? my car only has 80kkk on it and is a 02, and if not could frost tune the bank code off?. The clutch switch i'm going to have to go to chevy for it. O well it gives me a chance to see there corvettes zr1 they have on there show rooms.

O and by the way it has stock manifolds and i replace both the oxygen sensors after the cat. i know it has 4 but i think the upstreem ones are still fine.
    Last edited by reaper ws6; 05-25-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

sorry for the bad introduction it was the only way i could for sure get help (naw just playing) i actually spell it wrong. I did it before work and only had 5 minutes to do it lol sorry. But back to the subject how do i find out if its still under warranty? my car only has 80kkk on it and is a 02, and if not could frost tune the bank code off?. The clutch switch i'm going to have to go to chevy for it. O well it gives me a chance to see there corvettes zr1 they have on there show rooms.

O and by the way it has stock manifolds and i replace both the oxygen sensors after the cat. i know it has 4 but i think the upstreem ones are still fine.
    I will swap the ones upstream (close to the manifold) with the new ones you bought. The upstream are the ones that go bad normally. If the codes were tuned out then by swaping them it should clear the code after you erase them with a scanner.

Frost can tune out the codes for the o2 sensors after the cats. You can't tune out the upstream ones. The car need those.

Navy Blue Metallic/Black

thats a good idea. probably i will buy the upstreem first and hold on to do my headers, but if it does not work, ill jump the gun and order my headers lolz is a win win situation

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

thats a good idea. probably i will buy the upstreem first and hold on to do my headers, but if it does not work, ill jump the gun and order my headers lolz is a win win situation
    I will say swap them now and see if the code follows to the downstreams after the swap. That will tell you if you have a bad one.
    If the code dissapears then your downstream codes are tuned out and you had a bad upstream one.
    If the code remains the same then check that the wires are not pinched or melt.

Navy Blue Metallic/Black

i don't know why but i have a felling is going to be my cats. If so i will buy headers ORY and a frost tune. I only have to replace the upstream ones because i all ready replace the bottom ones

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Just have the rear o2s tuned out, it costs 50 bucks ish, they will also probably knock out your emissions systems. Its easier till you get headers and exhaust.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    I will say swap them now and see if the code follows to the downstreams after the swap. That will tell you if you have a bad one.
    If the code dissapears then your downstream codes are tuned out and you had a bad upstream one.
    If the code remains the same then check that the wires are not pinched or melt.
    If the rear O2s are already tuned out, you can't get the cat. efficiency code. OP, sounds like you have an inefficient cat. converter on the passenger side. I doubt they are under any warranty, but check anyway. If you don't want to replace the espen$ive converters, then this code won't hurt the way the car drives except for the light being on.

And yeah, I thought the "coeds'' would have some pictures....great way to get attention!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

OP: If you install LT's, you'll either need harness extensions for the front O2's or pick up a set of Bosch 13111 sensors as they come with a nice long harness. You still need to determine if it is a faulty O2 sender or an actual issue unless you are planning the swap soon.

Easy check would be to swap the rear O2 senders, clear the codes and then see what happens. If it sets the same code for that bank, then it is probably the cat or a wire harness issue on that side. If the code moves to the other bank, it is probably the sender.

Navy Blue Metallic/Black

thanks for the help. i'm probably going to buy the upstream ones and see what that does. because i all ready replace 2 out of 4 oxygen sensors (the downstream ones) if the codes are still there im going to do LT, ORY and frost mail order tune. On the other code? does any body know what the clutch switch does? on m6 cars? thanks for all the help you guys.

Also were can i get the 02 and emissions tune out for 50 bucks?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The switch simply tells the PCM if the clutch pedal is depressed. It would also disengage the cruise control.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

thanks for the help. i'm probably going to buy the upstream ones and see what that does. because i all ready replace 2 out of 4 oxygen sensors (the downstream ones) if the codes are still there im going to do LT, ORY and frost mail order tune. On the other code? does any body know what the clutch switch does? on m6 cars? thanks for all the help you guys.

Also were can i get the 02 and emissions tune out for 50 bucks?
    if im not mistaking the clutch switch sends a signal to the PCM to not allow the car to crank if you haven't depressed the clutch. but I could be wrong. I havent had a manual tranny for like 10 yrs.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

The switch simply tells the PCM if the clutch pedal is depressed.
    lol Jeff you beat me up to it.

Navy Blue Metallic/Black

thanks guys. well i guess there not serious problems and i kinda figure that because the car runs great. I just like to have everything as perfect and well taken care off as i can, but with two projects (wife t/a) is kinda hard. Rite now after finishing bringing her t/a back to life i'm focusing on my z28 o and also a kid on the way

Thread Information