Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6

Clogged Fuel Lines

I've had my car in storage for a number of years. I think the fuel lines are clogged / gummed up since I get no pressure on my fuel pressure gauge. I have a Walboro 340 in-tank pump that I replaced my stock one with. I alos don't have a Schrader valve on the fuel rail. What would be the best way to get the fuel lines cleaned out and flowing again? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

-NVETHIS
    2001 Trans AM WS6

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I would test them 1st.
    You'll need a 2nd person.

Disconnect the line at the rail and at the fuel filter.
    Now with an air hose pushed in either side try to flow air thru the line. I would have the air hose at the rail side and have a cup or bucket at the filter side to try to catch anything that way the engine bay doesn't become a mess. If air flows thru that section is clear.

Next section would be top disconnect the lines at the top of the tank that connects to the fuel pump. It would help a ton if you have done the trap door. Otherwise yo need to drop the tank, not fun at all.

If the air flows thru then you filter is clogged and with replacement you should be good to go unless the pump or sending unit has died.

When you turn the key to run position do you hear the pump running for a couple of seconds? No - then you need to dig into the pump and sending unit.

Now if you happen to have a clogged line and the air doesn't clear it up the best you can do is replace the line.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Replacement of the lines would be a PITA and running a parts store line is going to be a bit of a challenge to get things perfect. If in fact the lines are gummed up, you are also going to have problems at the fuel rail and injectors most likely. However, with a cheap submersible pump (ie. Harbor Freight) and some rubber line you can easily circulate the solvent of your choosing throughout the fuel system up to the point where it connects to the rail.

Thread Information