Results 1 to 13 of 13

Check Gauges light when fuel is low

This is a discussion on Check Gauges light when fuel is low within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Hi guys. One question I have my 98 TA for almost a year now. I have noticed that I don't ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Check Gauges light when fuel is low

    Hi guys. One question I have my 98 TA for almost a year now. I have noticed that I don't get any warning when my fuel is low. The check gauge light works fine. Can anyone confirm if the check gauges lights should come on when my fuel is low? If it is any idea on where to start checking for a problem. Thanks.

  2. #2
    We'll be back... GatorSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    THE SWAMP
    Posts
    1,446

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

    Yes, it should light when fuel is low. Both of my 2000 F-bodies do so when there is about 3 gallons remaining in tank.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    allenhurst GA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    369

    onyx black
    1999 formula firebird

    good goddamn owners manual.....sheesh when your fcheck guage light comes on..thats exactly what it mmeans..* CHECK YOUR GUAGES* and hopefully common sense will tell you * DING* i am almost out of gas because everything else is looking good but my gas guage...

  4. #4
    Impounded
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Verdigris, OK
    Posts
    2,165

    NBM
    99 z28

    mine comes on when im really low but i never let my gas get below a 1/4 tank. well, once or else i wouldnt have responded.

  5. #5
    Senior Member KyleLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    3,534

    NBM
    99 TA

    unfortunately i know that the check gauges light will also come on if your car is overheating

  6. #6
    Impounded
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Verdigris, OK
    Posts
    2,165

    NBM
    99 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    unfortunately i know that the check gauges light will also come on if your car is overheating
    from experience.

  7. #7
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 99 Formula View Post
    good goddamn owners manual.....sheesh when your fcheck guage light comes on..thats exactly what it mmeans..* CHECK YOUR GUAGES* and hopefully common sense will tell you * DING* i am almost out of gas because everything else is looking good but my gas guage...
    99 Formula don't assume stuff without checking 1st. That's why I'm asking the question because the damm fuel gauge is at Empty for a while and I don't see the light come on. I haven't run out of fuel but sometimes I forget to look at the gauge. Every other car I had have this feature. I'm trying to see if there is a problem in the electrical part of it. The goddamm owner manual don't say S**T about it. So common sense tells me that the light should come on, BUT IT IS NOT!

    So if you don't have anything good to say and help out don't say s**t. I have worked with cars for a while and I'm not an expert thats why I come here to this awesome site were people help each other and don't talk useless stuff. I guess that your not part of that group ...

  8. #8
    Senior Member KyleLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    3,534

    NBM
    99 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    99 Formula don't assume stuff without checking 1st. That's why I'm asking the question because the damm fuel gauge is at Empty for a while and I don't see the light come on. I haven't run out of fuel but sometimes I forget to look at the gauge. Every other car I had have this feature. I'm trying to see if there is a problem in the electrical part of it. The goddamm owner manual don't say S**T about it. So common sense tells me that the light should come on, BUT IT IS NOT!

    So if you don't have anything good to say and help out don't say s**t. I have worked with cars for a while and I'm not an expert thats why I come here to this awesome site were people help each other and don't talk useless stuff. I guess that your not part of that group ...
    my guess is you do have an electrical issue, my CG light comes on when the gauge shows alittle under 1/8 of a tank.

    PS ignore the asshole comment from 99 formula.. it was uncalled for

  9. #9
    Member jamessr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    266

    White
    2000 Trans AM

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    PS ignore the asshole comment from 99 formula.. it was uncalled for
    agreed

  10. #10
    I flame retards CamaroFan71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    1,068

    QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

    Does the "check guages" light come on when you turn the key on? If it doesnt the bulb may be burnt out man. Thats the first thing to check.

  11. #11
    Member 02WS6dream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    668

    08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

    and...i didn't know the light came on for a while after owning mine cause i didn't let it get low enough to let it come on.... after the first time it lit up and started using it as an indicator to go get gas.. it was weird to me not to have a separate 'low fuel' light. As already posted, verify the check gauges light comes on when starting. If so, you prolly just fill up before the light comes on--no worries!

  12. #12
    Simpsons Did it!! 98formy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    36
    Posts
    596

    83 Z28 new project
    98 Formula WS7-sold:(

    I had a 98 and I have had it down to almost nothing for gas, but I do not remember the light coming on, and I know it worked because I also overheated it once. Remember, the 98's are different computer wise, so maybe thats why it dont light up.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    allenhurst GA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    369

    onyx black
    1999 formula firebird

    all apologies as i miss read the post.. i would start by checking all of your fuses first to make sure nothing is blown.. its cheap and a good idea anyways second i would double check any and all grounds to ensure that anything eletrical is connected and not corroded..also if you have access to a lift check any wires/ sensors going to - from the fuel tank or possibly drop the tank to see if you have a corroeded or lose/ broken connector there

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. "Check Gauges" light on, how much fuel is left?
    By amon37 in forum General Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-14-2007, 07:29 PM
  2. Check Gauges Light?
    By SailorZ28 in forum General Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2006, 03:33 PM
  3. check gauges light
    By wooten in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 03:22 PM
  4. Check Gauges Light????
    By CamaroCrazyChris in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 12:00 PM
  5. Check gauges light on 2000 Z28 Fuel QTY.
    By tx77015ls1 in forum General Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-01-2005, 10:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •