Pewter
    99 Formula

Question Check Engine advice

So I just picked the 2000 WS6 up from out of state and half way thru the drive home the check engine light came on. I just had the codes read and there was a knock sensor problem and 2 lean fuel codes, supposedly the MAF and possiblly O2 sensor. The car had a mild comp cam, LT hooker headers, no cats, flowmatser exhaust, LSX intake with LSX 90mm TB. The plugs and wires were just changed before I picked her up. If anyone has any ideas on this problem please give me some input. Greatly appreciated

Chris

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Sorry to hear about that. Post up the codes. Was the car tuned and by who?

hey i got the SAME problem with my 2000 ws-6 but i did all the mods in it and funny enough i also have the lsx intake and 90mm t-ody and headers and also just added msd coil packs wth the 8.5 mm wires and a granatelli maf.
    and the problem only came after i added the intake.. its reading bank 2 running lean. i changed the o2 sensor and it did nothing for me we thought also maybe a fuel filter but did nothing also. have you found te problem? i was told that the 200 and up fuel injectors were changed to a smaller psi injector from the 1999 and lower models and was told that might be the problem and was told to check my fuel trims i will be doing that this week i will keep you posted. we are not the only ones with this problem and eveyone elses problem began when the intake went on.

Pewter
    99 Formula

I have just cleared the codes and as of yet they have not returned. My possibly thoughts were MAF b/c of the 90mm TB and possibly the fuel injectors like you stated. Its being takin in Thurs to a local performance shop, definately keep me posted on your findings, I would hate to drop all that money and not solve the prob. Good luck and keep me posted

Pewter
    99 Formula

Car was dyno tuned and tested before I purchased. Not positive where or by who. I was wondering what size injectors I should go with, also any other ideas of possible upgrades for the power?

Thread Information