Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Cheap mods

This is a discussion on Cheap mods within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; This started out a simple enough question and somehow it turned into a pissing contest. Please keep it on topic ...

  1. #21
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,468

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    This started out a simple enough question and somehow it turned into a pissing contest. Please keep it on topic and no bashing other members over their opinions.

  2. #22
    Impounded YoMommasTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ne pa
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by shift_down View Post
    Freakin newb. You dont know shit. I've had two daily driver fbodys over the last 6 years and driven them BOTH without swaybars and experienced no problems whatsoever. And that includes 3 hour drives through canyons to get to the drag strip.

    And yeah, it helps alot with your 60' times. If you read this whole post you will realize that most fellows agree with my comments and even vouch for these mods.

    The purpose of this board is to share KNOWLEDGE. Give your mommy back her TA and keep your ignorant comments to yourself. Or go to the lounge section if you like to tell jokes.... clown.

    Its people like you that make this board more and more like a damn ricer board.

  3. #23
    Member edbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    hammond Ind
    Posts
    270

    red
    1999 trans am convert

    Yeah,lets put all the bickering aside and give some constructive ideas.
    I did the bump stop mod and since my TB butterfly did not open all the way I got a little something on the top end and felt Really Good at WOT!You could feel it Seat Of The Pants good.
    Believe it or not cars did not always have sway bars!And hit the road from the factory without.I will try this mod next time going to the track as weight transfer surely will not harm traction.Thanks for that tip!

  4. #24
    Impounded YoMommasTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ne pa
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by edbird View Post
    Yeah,lets put all the bickering aside and give some constructive ideas.
    I did the bump stop mod and since my TB butterfly did not open all the way I got a little something on the top end and felt Really Good at WOT!You could feel it Seat Of The Pants good.
    Believe it or not cars did not always have sway bars!And hit the road from the factory without.I will try this mod next time going to the track as weight transfer surely will not harm traction.Thanks for that tip!
    Sway bars bean on cars for 40 years!I had a customer bring in a car with handling problems once,he said the car was all over the road.YEP YOU GUESSED IT SOMEONE REMOVED THE FRT SAWY BAR.Thats why i'm laughing my azz off at this thread!

  5. #25
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    Sway bars bean on cars for 40 years!I had a customer bring in a car with handling problems once,he said the car was all over the road.YEP YOU GUESSED IT SOMEONE REMOVED THE FRT SAWY BAR.Thats why i'm laughing my azz off at this thread!
    man i'm with you about REMOVING it but they are talking about unbolting the bottom bolts not completely removing it. i think there is alot of missunderstanding.

  6. #26
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    The reason you remove the sway bar end links is to gain traction...........
    I'll explain as clearly as posiable. The front sway bar is limiting anywhere from 2"-3 1/2" of frontend travel. You can actually measure easilly to see how much travel you'll gain. But first buy gaining that travel your weight transfer is increased dramatically..........= MORE TRACTION
    First jack the frontend up by the frame just until the front tires come off the ground. Now take a measurement from the top of the tire to the fender.
    Now unbolt the endlinks of the swaybar and do the same and measure.

    Unless your running around hanging corners at 40mph driving with it unhooked is NOT going to cause you a accident.
    Eighther way it takes 10 min. to take off the links and put them back on so do drive it and make your own decision...........If your spinning the sh_t out of the tires on the street I would say this mod will help greatlly.
    thanks man. i never knew about that. i will probbally try that when i get a t/a again.

  7. #27
    Impounded YoMommasTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ne pa
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    man i'm with you about REMOVING it but they are talking about unbolting the bottom bolts not completely removing it. i think there is alot of missunderstanding.
    unbolting those bolts render it useless.It controls body roll by connecting the a frames to the body,it holds the body straight in turns.Without it the car will lift up as you corner to one side causing weight transfer to the outside tire and terrible body roll.Now think about this,the rear sway bar is controlling the back,holding the body from rolling over.The frt sway bar is controlling the frt from rolling over.Now lets unbolt the frt sway bar(doesn't matter if you remove or unbolt it) now the frt can roll and the back can't.THAT ONE UNSTABLE CAR!Its gonna push like a bag lady in the turns.

  8. #28
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    unbolting those bolts render it useless.It controls body roll by connecting the a frames to the body,it holds the body straight in turns.Without it the car will lift up as you corner to one side causing weight transfer to the outside tire and terrible body roll.Now think about this,the rear sway bar is controlling the back,holding the body from rolling over.The frt sway bar is controlling the frt from rolling over.Now lets unbolt the frt sway bar(doesn't matter if you remove or unbolt it) now the frt can roll and the back can't.THAT ONE UNSTABLE CAR!Its gonna push like a bag lady in the turns.
    i dont know about you but i dont take corners fast at all. but i see your point.

  9. #29
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    and i mean if it makes it all squrily then i just bolt it back up ya know

  10. #30
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    anyways....back to the cheap mods....a shift kit if your running a 4l60e (i dont think thats right.) but if you run a A4 then a shift kit is nice.

  11. #31
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    none are these mods will do SPIT! its more like"hey dood,look at all the mods i did"plus you go messing with your maf,throttle body or egr yer gonna a check engine light as fast as a rabbit gets fkd!
    i guess lowering your ass end for 5 bucks really doesnt do anything to the car. it is just wasting time or spitting in the wind

  12. #32
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    i guess lowering your ass end for 5 bucks really doesnt do anything to the car. it is just wasting time or spitting in the wind
    huh what mod does that? hose mod?

  13. #33
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    huh what mod does that? hose mod?
    yea, taking out the little cups on top of the coil springs and putting heater hose on 'em. it works, i like it, makes it look alittle better IMHO

  14. #34
    Impounded YoMommasTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ne pa
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    yea, taking out the little cups on top of the coil springs and putting heater hose on 'em. it works, i like it, makes it look alittle better IMHO
    now you're talkin!

  15. #35
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    unbolting those bolts render it useless.It controls body roll by connecting the a frames to the body,it holds the body straight in turns.Without it the car will lift up as you corner to one side causing weight transfer to the outside tire and terrible body roll.Now think about this,the rear sway bar is controlling the back,holding the body from rolling over.The frt sway bar is controlling the frt from rolling over.Now lets unbolt the frt sway bar(doesn't matter if you remove or unbolt it) now the frt can roll and the back can't.THAT ONE UNSTABLE CAR!Its gonna push like a bag lady in the turns.
    Are you trying to hook up horsepower......? Guess NOT!!!!!!!! Can't believe that people still haven't done this!!!!!!!!!!!
    Once again if your driving like a INDY car driver DON'T unbolt the end links till you get to the track!!!!
    IT'S 2 BOLTS..........5 min. if your a slow head!!!! GUESS IT TAKES HORSEPOWER TO UNDERSTAND A MOD THAT HASBEEN DONE BY GEAR HAEDS FOR 20 YEARS!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

  16. #36
    Impounded YoMommasTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ne pa
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i dont know about you but i dont take corners fast at all. but i see your point.
    yeah i bought a TA to drive slow in turns.

  17. #37
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    yeah i bought a TA to drive slow in turns.
    um..yea well i hope you got your self a great pair of sfcs and a killer suspension becuase fsb or not taking corners fast usually = trouble.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •