Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap mods

blue
    99 corvette

Cheap mods

anyone have any mods for my 99 ls1 that i can do without bolt on parts i removed the honeycomb restrictor after the air filter any thing else?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

The first thing I would recommend is reading up on mods to see what results other people have had. Personally, I wouldn't descreen the MAF but others have done it with mixed results.
    www.installuniversity.com has most of the free mods covered. I would at least fork over the cash for an intake and catback. You can keep your eyes peeled for used parts and save cash that way. My buddy has a vararam on his vette and unless they changed the design I personally think it fits like crap and wouldn't pay the money for it. Vette catbacks are pretty pricey but IMO worth the money. Dual electric cutouts would be a cheap way around a catback and I love my cutout on my car. It's a fun little toy.You're really only get so far with free mods. Not much HP even with them all combined.

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

My MAF screen is of and cant tell the difference.

HMM lets see...

bump stop mod
    remove front sway bar
    free ram air
    short belt mod
    cut egr tube
    port throttle body

do a search for these and youll see a gain in power, respnse, etc..

I have an SLP air lid if you want. $25 shipped.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by shift_down View Post
    HMM lets see...

bump stop mod
    remove front sway bar
    free ram air
    short belt mod
    cut egr tube
    port throttle body

If he isn't interested in the lid, I might be. What kind of shape is it in and do you have pics of it?
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

white
    98 SS

do a search for free mods or check GM High Tech Performance magazine. They did all the free mods and I think they got 10 hp. not bad for free.....I have done most of them w/ no problems

HMM lets see...

bump stop mod
    remove front sway bar
    free ram air
    short belt mod
    cut egr tube
    port throttle body

remove the frt sway bar!dam i gotta hear what that mod does for you?is it so you crash into things better?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    remove the frt sway bar!dam i gotta hear what that mod does for you?is it so you crash into things better?
    LMAO

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

The reason you remove the sway bar end links is to gain traction...........
    I'll explain as clearly as posiable. The front sway bar is limiting anywhere from 2"-3 1/2" of frontend travel. You can actually measure easilly to see how much travel you'll gain. But first buy gaining that travel your weight transfer is increased dramatically..........= MORE TRACTION
    First jack the frontend up by the frame just until the front tires come off the ground. Now take a measurement from the top of the tire to the fender.
    Now unbolt the endlinks of the swaybar and do the same and measure.

Unless your running around hanging corners at 40mph driving with it unhooked is NOT going to cause you a accident.
    Eighther way it takes 10 min. to take off the links and put them back on so do drive it and make your own decision...........If your spinning the sh_t out of the tires on the street I would say this mod will help greatlly.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    The reason you remove the sway bar end links is to gain traction...........
    I'll explain as clearly as posiable. The front sway bar is limiting anywhere from 2"-3 1/2" of frontend travel. You can actually measure easilly to see how much travel you'll gain. But first buy gaining that travel your weight transfer is increased dramatically..........= MORE TRACTION
    First jack the frontend up by the frame just until the front tires come off the ground. Now take a measurement from the top of the tire to the fender.
    Now unbolt the endlinks of the swaybar and do the same and measure.

Unless your running around hanging corners at 40mph driving with it unhooked is NOT going to cause you a accident.
    Eighther way it takes 10 min. to take off the links and put them back on so do drive it and make your own decision...........If your spinning the sh_t out of the tires on the street I would say this mod will help greatlly.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Now for your mods with NO parts........ Do you have emissions inspections where you live?
    If not or even if so get one of your friends with some welding skills to cut the cats off then weld a flange on so that if it has to be inspected you can unbolt the pipe in place of the cats.......Then after the inspection put the pipe back in place of the cats.
    Back in the day these pipes were buyable from multiple companys.......They were called test tubes.

Didn't pay attention to where your from.....But if the A/C is not needed you can get a shorter serp belt and bypass the compressor and gain a couple/few hp.
    Also running a "good" synthetic oil will gain you some cheap power. I run RedLine or Amsoil myself.
    Fuel filter everbeen changed........

Hope I helped with my 2 cents.

HMM lets see...

bump stop mod
    remove front sway bar
    free ram air
    short belt mod
    cut egr tube
    port throttle body

none are these mods will do SPIT! its more like"hey dood,look at all the mods i did"plus you go messing with your maf,throttle body or egr yer gonna a check engine light as fast as a rabbit gets fkd!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Yeah MOST people that have never had enough power to blow the tires off would not understand or know to undo the front swaybar.....
    Doing burnouts and leaving posi's everywhere was cool in high school. Sorry I'm into pulling 1.30 60fts on drag radials now.

This is not posted to be offensive to anyone just trying to enlighting to blind.

taking off the frt swaybar is asking for FUBAR

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Like I said you don't take off the swaybar you take THE 2 BOLTS OFF THE ENDS

It's weather your trying to dead hook on the street for a dragrace or have a "handling" suspension for corners.
    Thats why you can have a car that runs 10.90's all day at the track and get your a_s handed to you by a 12.40 car on the street if the 12.40 car is tuned to dead hook on the street.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

none are these mods will do SPIT! its more like"hey dood,look at all the mods i did"plus you go messing with your maf,throttle body or egr yer gonna a check engine light as fast as a rabbit gets fkd!

Umm...porting the throttle body and adjusting the throttle bump stop definitely help with HP, they are not useless mods. Theres definitely a difference between having 97% throttle and 100% throttle, and you'll never get to 100% unless the bump stop is adjusted correctly. Porting the TB will give you some gains as well, depending on what other mods you have done.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

^^^^^^dido^^^^^^

taking off the frt swaybar is asking for FUBAR
    Freakin newb. You dont know shit. I've had two daily driver fbodys over the last 6 years and driven them BOTH without swaybars and experienced no problems whatsoever. And that includes 3 hour drives through canyons to get to the drag strip.

And yeah, it helps alot with your 60' times. If you read this whole post you will realize that most fellows agree with my comments and even vouch for these mods.

The purpose of this board is to share KNOWLEDGE. Give your mommy back her TA and keep your ignorant comments to yourself. Or go to the lounge section if you like to tell jokes.... clown.

Its people like you that make this board more and more like a damn ricer board.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

then don't do them

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Freakin newb. You dont know shit. I've had two daily driver fbodys over the last 6 years and driven them BOTH without swaybars and experienced no problems whatsoever. And that includes 3 hour drives through canyons to get to the drag strip.

And yeah, it helps alot with your 60' times. If you read this whole post you will realize that most fellows agree with my comments and even vouch for these mods.

The purpose of this board is to share KNOWLEDGE. Give your mommy back her TA and keep your ignorant comments to yourself. Or go to the lounge section if you like to tell jokes.... clown.

Its people like you that make this board more and more like a damn ricer board.
    Yeah if it's got ANY real balls to spin the tires you need to gain that frontend travel......... Just remember there are lot's of wana-be speed racers out there don't get yourself in trouble over someone eleses ignorence....
    You can show some people the light but you can't make them follow it!!!

Thread Information