Alright. Changed the plugs and wires hoping to correct the issue I had with a low RPM miss. Car would start right up no problem at first, idled fine, and ran great after 2500RPM's, however, between 1k and 2500, it would miss/skip. I changed the plugs and wires, hoping this would solve the problem, and it didn't. However, since the change, I have noticed lifter tap on the drivers side. Its not horribly loud, but its evidently there. So I have a few questions. 1. Would the lifters cause my miss at this low rpm but clear up the faster it revs? 2. Could it be my opti causing this miss, and the lifter tap just be coincidence?

I did not notice the tap before the plug/wire change, however, the car has been sitting for approximately 5 monts undriven. The skip was noticed about 3 months ago and has been sitting unstarted since.

I am looking for a place to start. Obviously throwing a timing light on this engine is going to be a huge pain in the ass, but possibly do-able. And throwing parts at this would be a costly process, as the cheapest Opti I can find (GM or MSD) is 475$ online.

I will also be cross-posting this in LT1 Engine Help area as well.