Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Changed fuel filter and threw codes

This is a discussion on Changed fuel filter and threw codes within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Did it fix your problem? Just a quick note, the filter cannot be put on backwards but what can happen ...

2001 Trans am 6sp.

Did it fix your problem? Just a quick note, the filter cannot be put on backwards but what can happen is having the wrong filter installed! GM offers many different filters of thier fuel injected cars over the last 20+ years and what is out there in the market are visually/physically the same style filter but the arrow in the oposite direction for different applications. We carry over 20 GM filters in the shop and we always have to be careful not to grab the wrong one off of the shelves especially when were in a hurry.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

it can only go on one way. Maybe it was upside down.

Texas Department of Corrections
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Tony180a View Post

You hit the nail on the head!! Damn I wish I could find a reputable LS1 shop in the Nashville area. I took it back to the dealer this morning and the service manager tried to talk me into a diagnostic check I told him to fix whatever he fucked up Sat morning. I walked around the lot looking at the overpriced G8's and made a beeline for the exit overhead door to the service dept. I was talking to the guy working on my car when the service mgr walked back to inform me that insurance regs would not permit me to be in that area or talk to any techs. The old salty dog retired Sea Bee working on my car was cussing the "cock kissing dip shit" who installed the filter backwards !! He had a few choice words for the service manager too. I'm going to look him up and see if he does anywork on the side. Thanks Sarge !!
    What I suspected
    Folks....different brands of replacement filters...some are directional and some are not. Just FYI....but what this young gun described was a directional filter installed backwards...

Madison, WI

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I don't know man. I'm not convinced yet. He said he was at a GM dealership. They would be using ACDelco filters. And yes they are directional but still physically impossible to install backwards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information