cb radio

This is a discussion on cb radio within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; anyone ever heard of a good place to put a cb radio inside the car....somewhat hidden...i have an 02 camaro ...

Scabbedwings616 scabbedwings616's Avatar

black
    2001 corvette

cb radio

anyone ever heard of a good place to put a cb radio inside the car....somewhat hidden...i have an 02 camaro and just wondering if anyone knows a good place to hide it

Black
    '97 Trans Am

You may be able to hide the CB, but where would you put the antenna? A glass mount would would be your best bet, but even that would still look bad and you wouldn't get very good reception.

1966 Corvette Coupe

they make things that allow you to use your radio antenna as a cb antenna too

-me

Scabbedwings616 scabbedwings616's Avatar

black
    2001 corvette

do you know where to find that product...thanks...

Green
    1993 Mazda MX-6 LS

Antenna resonance issue

Read up on this. I've no clue if the stock camaro radio antenna would be resonant, or send the signal out strong enough to be recieved by another CB. You might be able to recieve just fine, but output would let you down. You could test your luck with a coupler, but I wouldn't risk it, as the first link explains:

When a CB antenna doesn’t resonate in the general frequency ranges of the transmitter, the energy that cannot be absorbed by the antenna is reflected back into the transmitter. High reflection results in highly heated components that will eventually fail.
    There might be some lookalike 3-way (FM/AM/CB) radio antennas out, but I doubt they would put out all too well. Your best bet would just be to get a decent CB antenna. It probably still won't have decent output, unless you get a trucker antenna, which I doubt would look hot on a camaro.

1966 Corvette Coupe

it all has to do with frequency length... i think a 109" is a quarter (maybe half length antenna for a cb) unless you have the right length you wont get as good of result, but as long as it for just interstate/close use... youll be fine...

and i couldnt find any for sell on the net... i sugges surching am/fm/cb converter for an hour or so you shoudl find one..

-me

Thread Information