Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cars...

This is a discussion on Cars... within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS Most banks or credit unions only offer 5 yr or 6 yr terms. The longer the ...

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Most banks or credit unions only offer 5 yr or 6 yr terms. The longer the term, the higher the interest rate typically.
    The two banks I use will do 8 year terms. And I can get a 1.9% interest rate

Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by Hot head View Post
    Yes now about engines ls7 vs ls9 vs v10 what would hold. Over 200 MPH the best?
    All the ones listed can hit 200 stock i'd go twin screw ls7 just cause they sound sexy

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    All the ones listed can hit 200 stock i'd go twin screw ls7 just cause they sound sexy
    I noticed this as well. I think I remember 207MPH. It definitely takes a lot of HP to get up to those speeds and beyond.

OP - Where do you plan on driving the car this fast? Just curious.

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

I noticed this as well. I think I remember 207MPH. It definitely takes a lot of HP to get up to those speeds and beyond.

OP - Where do you plan on driving the car this fast? Just curious.
    Salt flats. 2 weeks out of the year beat the shit out of it.

I always wanted to join make a wish foundation if one could make a kids day by just driving around all day I think this money would go to some good use and not just for my frivolous fun.....

an ls7 with a twin roots could push 1000 hp "safely" wonder if I would have to forge it.
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-19-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    wonder if you can twin supercharge it

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Do you think the corvette's body design could stay on the ground at 200+?

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

Ummm if can go over 200mph+ ill get one just point it out.
    With that money check out the Ferrari 360 modena. Hits 190mph and has the most bad azz exhaust ever. You can find a good one for 100k-.

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

I would go with the ZR1, infact next year (2012) GM will be offering a factory blown Camaro (similar to the Cadallac CTS V) with 565 RWHP and over 400 RWTQ.

Keep the Z stock for nostalgic reasons.

SteveC

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Ls1_385hp_T/A View Post
    With that money check out the Ferrari 360 modena. Hits 190mph and has the most bad azz exhaust ever. You can find a good one for 100k-.
    I don't like the exhaust and thier really expensive to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    I would go with the ZR1, infact next year (2012) GM will be offering a factory blown Camaro (similar to the Cadallac CTS V) with 565 RWHP and over 400 RWTQ.

Keep the Z stock for nostalgic reasons.

SteveC
    Yes the new Camaro has a supercharger on it. Thats why I said hold on a sec. Don't know if I want to put all my money in to this version of the Camaro...

But I want to hit over 220 mph that is the goal. I know I need 500 hp to get to 200 and 100hp for every ten mph after that.What do you guys think is a better engine for that ls7 or ls9? either way I have to be pushing around 1250 hp no less. I wonder of the body can handle those speed without flipping or mysteriously turning over.
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-21-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Only one way to find out

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Only one way to find out
    Yes....math! and looking like a RICER

Last edited by Hot head; 04-21-2011 at 06:23 AM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

The fastest I've ever been in a car was around 170MPH...and it was pretty damn exciting...yet scary.

All I ever think about is...what the hell would you do if you had a blow-out at those speeds. It probably wouldn't end up good.

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

The fastest I've ever been in a car was around 170MPH...and it was pretty damn exciting...yet scary.

All I ever think about is...what the hell would you do if you had a blow-out at those speeds. It probably wouldn't end up good.
    I know.....That is why research must be done....Tires would be good upto 250mph.... I may have to adjust the body/rimz to make those tires work

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I agree and it's the most intelligent way to go about something without a doubt. All the research in the world doesn't stop a manufacturing defect though

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

I agree and it's the most intelligent way to go about something without a doubt. All the research in the world doesn't stop a manufacturing defect though

Inspection time plus I would have to have a rollbar and 3 point bars on the bottom and strut tower brace if I did break apart I may have a chance....This is why I am here....

O man I just wonder about the tranny....

Hey would you guys go with bolt on or weld on 3 point systems with this?
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-21-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Inspection time plus I would have to have a rollbar and 3 point bars on the bottom and strut tower brace if I did break apart I may have a chance....This is why I am here....

O man I just wonder about the tranny....

Hey would you guys go with bolt on or weld on 3 point systems with this?
    I'm hoping you are talking about sanctioned events for this from what I gather. In which case the higher up classes (200+ mph) that you are talking about would have very stringent safety rules to comply with.
    I doubt a simple bolt in roll bar would even pass. As strict as the dragstrips are getting for a simple 11 second car, you can expect severe safety rules for 200+ mph runs at the salt flats.

You could look it up easily enough but I'm willing to bet at a minimum for those speeds you need a mild cage, 5 point harness, possibly a jacket minimum, maybe even the whole fire suit. These probably aren't questions to ask most of us here unless there is someone with actual experience running these classes.
    It would be best to contact the sanctioning body and purchase a rule book, so you can go through tech inspection (hopefully) the first time without hickups.

You aren't going to take a bone stock car capable of those speeds up there and just race. They'll send ya packin'

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I'm hoping you are talking about sanctioned events for this from what I gather. In which case the higher up classes (200+ mph) that you are talking about would have very stringent safety rules to comply with.
    I doubt a simple bolt in roll bar would even pass. As strict as the dragstrips are getting for a simple 11 second car, you can expect severe safety rules for 200+ mph runs at the salt flats.

You could look it up easily enough but I'm willing to bet at a minimum for those speeds you need a mild cage, 5 point harness, possibly a jacket minimum, maybe even the whole fire suit. These probably aren't questions to ask most of us here unless there is someone with actual experience running these classes.
    It would be best to contact the sanctioning body and purchase a rule book, so you can go through tech inspection (hopefully) the first time without hickups.

You aren't going to take a bone stock car capable of those speeds up there and just race. They'll send ya packin'
    +1 I believe that is correct I know that the car will have to alot of work done to the chassis. I don't want the car to twist or to have a shortened life span. To pump out over 1,000 hp I know there will be alot of work done to the strengthening of the car's structure.

changing gears here...
    The bugatti is a W16 I don't believe is more than 7 liter's big. Its like that for a reason....

16 small cylinders...4 turbo chargers...

was more asking for inputs on the engine ls7 7 liters vs ls9 6.2liters. Which one would have a greater capacity to sustain those levels of speed 200+

and what would be best to strenghtin the structure of the car.
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-21-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information