Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cars...

This is a discussion on Cars... within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I wanted your guy's point of view. In a few years I will be getting a new car or rebuilding ...

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Cars...

I wanted your guy's point of view.

In a few years I will be getting a new car or rebuilding mine.

Right now I have a z28 everything is stock internally. It does have an exhaust and the intake is upgrade as much as possible without running FI.

I could get a new engine in this car then forge it and turn it into a monster. OR I could buy a Zr1 or a viper. If you guys could do this which one would it be
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-18-2011 at 08:43 AM.

red
    2001 pontiac WS6

Hmmm I don't think there's even a choice....if somehow u can afford it,go zr1.

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Less than 24 and going to get an 80,000+ dollar vehicle...

What do you do for a living?
    I make enough. Its not Like I am going to pay for it outright lol.

main thing is I would use the money I would put into my car as a down payment(404 forged with procharger) and with that I would have to drop a lot of money into the car itself to even handle that amount of power.

I could save it and just get a high end sports car.

or I could get a zr1 or viper. Seems logical to me.
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-18-2011 at 08:50 AM.

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    As long as you have the credit a Corvette can be bought while working @ McDonolds..

If you started building credit @ 18, that's 6 years of history @ 24 years of age.. That's usually enough..

Just has to be a strong history when buying new.. Stay away from high interest crap and you should be g2g..
    I think a quarter to a third of a 100,000 dollars down should make them like me. I am kicking this around I wanted to know your opinions and why.

Putting 25,000 in a car thats worth 7,000 dollars doesn't mesh well with me. Plus who do I take it to if something goes wrong, It would be way to custom and a headache to deal with.

I am not trying to brag or whatever I wanted to know what you guys would do!

besides its not like hey I want to buy an AMG something or other that costs 200,000 dollars.

Besides would you go zr1 or viper.
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-18-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

I know your not bragging.. Hell I was half self employed ~ the age of 26,, fully self employed @ 29..

But yes, even better with a large DP.. Bigger the better..

Always good to borrow less.. ZR1
    Yes and I want to wait to 2013 or 2014 maybe the "new type of LSX would be in it"

If I was being a dick I would be like what do you guys think a lambo or a camaro? I can answer that one for myself.

Why do you guys dislike the viper so much?
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-18-2011 at 09:13 AM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

depends on wha toyu want to do... personally i'd go with a Z06 and pro charge it or a viper gts and send it off to henessy...

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    depends on wha toyu want to do... personally i'd go with a Z06 and pro charge it or a viper gts and send it off to henessy...
    Yes a z06 with 427 displacement those are always an option.

ls9 with twin turbo

If i were to get anything hennesy it would be a Gt40. I am not that much of a high roller though.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

if i recall right the z06 had a faster lap time around the nurburgring than the zr1 did...

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    if i recall right the z06 had a faster lap time around the nurburgring than the zr1 did...
    Is that right? I always did like the ls7 because its a 427.

Wonder how the fitment of a procharger would be on an ls7 and cost of installing it the right way gauges etc.
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-18-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

There are plenty of procharged LS7's. The cost, buying new, would be around 10K would be my guess

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I personally would never spend anything more than 60K on a car because I would end up putting another 20K+ into it after I bought it like I have on one of my current cars

What are you looking to do with this car? Drag race it? Autocross it? Street only? For show only?

Either way, the ZR1 > Viper in all categories in my humble opinion.

I don't dislike the Viper at all though. My old VP has a 1999 Viper that was a manual. The car was pretty badass and with just an exhaust he broke into the high 11's on street tires. He was probably one of the most consistent drivers I've ever ran into.

BTW - small block engines with FI are monsters and with just some forged parts can easily attain 800+rwhp.

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

I personally would never spend anything more than 60K on a car because I would end up putting another 20K+ into it after I bought it like I have on one of my current cars

What are you looking to do with this car? Drag race it? Autocross it? Street only? For show only?

Either way, the ZR1 > Viper in all categories in my humble opinion.

I don't dislike the Viper at all though. My old VP has a 1999 Viper that was a manual. The car was pretty badass and with just an exhaust he broke into the high 11's on street tires. He was probably one of the most consistent drivers I've ever ran into.

BTW - small block engines with FI are monsters and with just some forged parts can easily attain 800+rwhp.
    I want a car that can hit be able to hit 240 -250mph that's what I want to achieve in my life if you will.

ls9 even though it is forged may not be big enouph. MAy have to go ls7 route or who knows what they will make in 2-3 years.
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-18-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Minimum wage?! 80K?!, don't be fucking retarded.. No one working @ McD's buys a new vette fucking duh!.. ..
    This thread is about buying a new ZR1 last time I checked. What were you talking about then with your Corvette and McD's comment exactly?

Apparently nothing pertaining to this thread with the above statement.

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Please inform me, since you're business savvy owning your own business, which type of loan you would suggest in financing a vehicle?

Most banks or credit unions only offer 5 yr or 6 yr terms. The longer the term, the higher the interest rate typically.

Are you saying take out a longer term loan to lower your payment? Being a business owner, I'd suspect that you already know, that would be a very stupid idea considering you would be paying way more for the vehicle than what it was worth after the end of the loan term was completed. Not to mention that vehicles depreciate over time, unless you buy a classic.
    A corvette is a depreciative asset I am well aware. But modifying a car to go 240 will be fun.

But what would you guys think would be better to hit over 200 and ls7 or ls9?

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

When the time comes for me to buy the car I would put down close to 40,000

If I buy one used (10,000 miles) I can 40,000 off the sticker so instead of 120,000 it would be 80,000

If I had 80-100 G's to throw down on a car, I certainly wouldn't be looking at anything new. Especially since it doesn't seem to hold it's value all that well at the present time. But I'm a different generation and the newer stuff doesn't excite me as much.

I'd personally be looking at high dollar vintage muscle car stuff from the 60's. At least I know I can enjoy it for a little while and still get my money back.

If you guys want to spend 100K, at least blow it on something that will give you some return.

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    If I had 80-100 G's to throw down on a car, I certainly wouldn't be looking at anything new. Especially since it doesn't seem to hold it's value all that well at the present time. But I'm a different generation and the newer stuff doesn't excite me as much.

I'd personally be looking at high dollar vintage muscle car stuff from the 60's. At least I know I can enjoy it for a little while and still get my money back.

If you guys want to spend 100K, at least blow it on something that will give you some return.
    Ummm if can go over 200mph+ ill get one just point it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot head View Post
    Ummm if can go over 200mph+ ill get one just point it out.
    Not my thing, but whatever makes ya happy

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Not my thing, but whatever makes ya happy
    Yes now about engines ls7 vs ls9 vs v10 what would hold. Over 200 MPH the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot head View Post
    Yes now about engines ls7 vs ls9 vs v10 what would hold. Over 200 MPH the best?
    I haven't the slightest clue. I'm lucky to even break the speed limit nowadays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information