Thread: car wont go?

Black
    Trans am

car wont go?

my car is all fix and everything, but when im only going above 40mph and then floor it. nothing happens its the same speed that you were driving before

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

What did you fix? Have you cleaned your mass airflow sensor? Speaking from experience, if your MAF is dirty, this could result. Also, have you checked your intake bellows between your lid and throttle body? You could have a leak. Are you getting a Check Engine Light? We need more information here because there are multiple possibilities and we need to know exactly what has been done to the car.

Black
    Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    What did you fix? Have you cleaned your mass airflow sensor? Speaking from experience, if your MAF is dirty, this could result. Also, have you checked your intake bellows between your lid and throttle body? You could have a leak. Are you getting a Check Engine Light? We need more information here because there are multiple possibilities and we need to know exactly what has been done to the car.
    I have a P0121 code which is the TPS, i have change the TPS 4 times, Check the Volts in the Wires and everything looks find.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

are you 100% sure that your throttle body hasn't had the stop screw flipped? Post a picture of the throttle stop with the TB at wide open. I saw your original start up video ( post that back up) and that idle was waaay to fast for a cammed car on the stock tune. Post up your tps voltage in the closed position and in the wide open position.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I will help you get this worked out on 2 conditions....you listen to what I say and get the info I request. You've been hard headed since you first started wanting to mod your car about people's advice and recommendations. If you want help here you have to actually listen to what people tell you. I have your same cam on a 114 that I installed and tuned myself so I know what I'm talking about. If you don't want to listen to what we say then not only are you wasting your time but you're wasting ours too.

Black
    Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    are you 100% sure that your throttle body hasn't had the stop screw flipped? Post a picture of the throttle stop with the TB at wide open. I saw your original start up video ( post that back up) and that idle was waaay to fast for a cammed car on the stock tune. Post up your tps voltage in the closed position and in the wide open position.
    I dont know what are you talking about? sure that your throttle body hasn't had the stop screw flipped? its was idle at around 400 - 600rpm with the cammed on stock tune and dieing everytime. its was a 2000rpm cause it was going thought a heat cycle for 22 minutes.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Let's see the TPS voltage as requested. You have a lot of very knowledgeable members on here that can work through this with you.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by FMR_TransAm View Post
    I dont know what are you talking about? sure that your throttle body hasn't had the stop screw flipped? its was idle at around 400 - 600rpm with the cammed on stock tune and dieing everytime. its was a 2000rpm cause it was going thought a heat cycle for 22 minutes.
    it's a pretty common practice to flip the bump stop set screw on the tb to give you more adjustment range when the tps is at 0%. Open your tb by hand and look at the stop where the tb stops when closed. There's a set screw there. People usually either do that or drill the hole in the tb out larger to give the car more idle airflow. The screw can't be adjusted too much or it causes all kinds of problems. I'm going to do some more reading on your code. I've seen some tuning references made to cure this code....I'm just not sure yet how they're fixing it with tuning. This code will cause the tranny to act funny though and is probably the root cause of your problems.

Black
    Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    it's a pretty common practice to flip the bump stop set screw on the tb to give you more adjustment range when the tps is at 0%. Open your tb by hand and look at the stop where the tb stops when closed. There's a set screw there. People usually either do that or drill the hole in the tb out larger to give the car more idle airflow. The screw can't be adjusted too much or it causes all kinds of problems. I'm going to do some more reading on your code. I've seen some tuning references made to cure this code....I'm just not sure yet how they're fixing it with tuning. This code will cause the tranny to act funny though and is probably the root cause of your problems.
    well the voltage was 5.0 on the Power Source, .05 on the singal Source and pictures are coming up

98 Formula
    06 duramax

check that voltage with the blade closed and then again at wide open.....should be equal to or less than .55 closed and in the 4.5ish range wot.
    Last edited by 0rion; 04-12-2012 at 12:04 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

a few other questions I had to were what MAF are you running? I saw your forsale ad where you're selling your stock MAF. What are you running in it's place and was it in there when you had the tune done? Just trying to figure out where we're at in the process. Have you reset the tps after installing the new one? Key off.....unplug tps....key on for 20-30 seconds.....key off.....plug tps back in. That will reset the tps.

Black
    Trans am

The delay and etc, was a tune issued that was fix with everything that was wrong with it. Its now idling at 800rpm and A/F is at 14.9, new injections and Tune helped alot. The only problems is their's a small leak from the new trans, im going have it check out wednesday.

but with only a 228R Cam, Full Exhaust, and a Lid. i made 402rwhp & 391rwtq

vv 010.jpg

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Those are some good numbers in my opinion. Glad to hear you got the car fixed.

Black
    Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Those are some good numbers in my opinion. Glad to hear you got the car fixed.

thanks, after everything with the TPS and etc, it was the trans and tune. the tuner said the dyno was reading low to. lol
    Turbo PT-T88 TH400 12psi pump gas "675rwhp"

Thread Information