white
    98 trans am

Car sitting outside for 18months?!?

Hey guys quick story here. My bro traded in his 99 TA with 80k 18mts ago for a new car. Now we find a collection agency trying to get the last 1,800 he owes on it. Turns out the dealer was closed the next day for doing shady buisness and never paid the balance and left the car on the lot. it was a big new car dealer too, nothing small. We were able to see the car from a distance, someone else now owns the lot. But it looks good except someone took the wheels so its on blocks we couldnt get too close to see the paint or anything. Do you guys think the car is still worth it and what would need to repaced or fixed? I know wheels, battery, brakes anything else? He still has the extra set of keys. Plus how bad has this chicago weather hurt it? We also can fight the company to pay for it and forget about the car. Any thoughts?

Pewter
    2001 GrandPrix GTP

It should be fine sitting outside. There's not to much on them to rust.

first off that sucks to hear!! but i couldn't think of anything wrong with her. change the fluids and check all the seals, other then that should be good to go.

I think you will have to buy the car back from the people that own the lot now I am sure they filed for a title saying the car was just left on there lot, or the old dealer did send the money in to pay the car off but no money was there Depending on what type of car lot he bought a new car from Chevy ford Dodge who ever they will have to pay the balance off on the car anyway it was in is contract

might not be that easy to get the car back but just tell the collection agency the car was sold and to who and you might have to send them a copy of the trade in

if it was a buy here pay now lot call the state before your credit is really Messed up and if this is already on your credit report find a lawyer you might get a lot of money from the state, why the state ? the dealer ship carried insurance with them for this and other things as well and once again if it was a top 10 dealer they need to get this all cleaned up ASAP

white
    98 trans am

The new owners of the lot now want a storage fee, they wouldnt say how much. It was a VW dealer, i never thought about the dealer having insurance for this type of problem. Credit dropped alot since it was a year with no payments. Im going to look into this further since i dont even know who has the title- collection agency or bank?

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I would try my hardest to get it back.

Thread Information