Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

car runs hesitates and misses at wot.

This is a discussion on car runs hesitates and misses at wot. within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by aggie897 I hate to take my car to the dealer, but sometimes its the fastest way to ...

Black, Black
    2000 Vette, 2006 MC SS

Quote Originally Posted by aggie897 View Post
    I hate to take my car to the dealer, but sometimes its the fastest way to get it fixed. Glad you're back up an running!
    Trust me guys...and I'm not just saying this because I am a technician at a big GM dealer. Taking your car to the dealer to fix it isn't a bad or scary thing. In most cases it will save you money. The dealer isn't going to guess and throw parts at your car, they have the knowledge and tools to do the proper tests and determine what part is failing. I can't tell you how many times we get cars in the shop that a customer or an independent shop has thrown $1000 worth of parts or more at it and it's still not fixed. Most times it ends up being a wiring or junk aftermarket part issue. Guess what...if they would have brought it to us from the get go, they would have been fixed and back on the road for under $300! Instead they paid the independent shop $1000 and the dealer $300, it just doesn't make sense to me. But, if you are working on your car because you enjoy it and don't care how long it takes and don't mind wasting money on parts that didn't need to be replaced...that's another story. Just keep in mind that the dealer might have seen the issue you are having with your car 100 times, we fix cars for a living not just a hobby. I'm glad your car is fixed.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by vette&ws6 View Post
    Trust me guys...and I'm not just saying this because I am a technician at a big GM dealer. Taking your car to the dealer to fix it isn't a bad or scary thing. In most cases it will save you money. The dealer isn't going to guess and throw parts at your car, they have the knowledge and tools to do the proper tests and determine what part is failing. I can't tell you how many times we get cars in the shop that a customer or an independent shop has thrown $1000 worth of parts or more at it and it's still not fixed. Most times it ends up being a wiring or junk aftermarket part issue. Guess what...if they would have brought it to us from the get go, they would have been fixed and back on the road for under $300! Instead they paid the independent shop $1000 and the dealer $300, it just doesn't make sense to me. But, if you are working on your car because you enjoy it and don't care how long it takes and don't mind wasting money on parts that didn't need to be replaced...that's another story. Just keep in mind that the dealer might have seen the issue you are having with your car 100 times, we fix cars for a living not just a hobby. I'm glad your car is fixed.
    +1 seen that scenario many times

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information