1998 Firebird Formula WS6

Car has sat for three years.

What am i looking at? My buddy got deployed a while ago and the fuel pump went out on his 1995 lt1 so it has sat in his garage for 3 years and now he wants to sell.
    I am thinking fuel filter, fuel pump, new gas, new battery, new fluids/oils, seafoam, fuel system cleaner, and a good cleaning? Any other serious issues i am getting into that i dont know about? I know he is not covering something up like a bad motor/trans.

Like could the injectors be clogged and need to be replaced or the water pump frozen up because of the dexcool, or fouled plugs? Is there any damage in starting it the way it is or will there be any dry start problems?

NBM
    99 TA

i wouldn't start it until you at least change the oil, fuel, fuel filter etc.
    but def do all the stuff you listed right away - you will have to change the FP anyway before it will start too so might as well do all the items before you even attempt to start it.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would also turn it over by hand a few times before trying to start it. I would also prime the oil system before starting it but that's just me. I'd drain that gas out completely if you can. I probably wouldn't change the fuel filter until you've started it so all the crap that's settled in the tank doesn't just mess up a new filter. After you run it once or twice then I'd change the fuel filter.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    i wouldn't start it until you at least change the oil, fuel, fuel filter etc.
    but def do all the stuff you listed right away - you will have to change the FP anyway before it will start too so might as well do all the items before you even attempt to start it.
    ok thanks depending on how it looks i might not seafoam the oil i would not want to clog the new cat.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I would also turn it over by hand a few times before trying to start it. I would also prime the oil system before starting it but that's just me. I'd drain that gas out completely if you can. I probably wouldn't change the fuel filter until you've started it so all the crap that's settled in the tank doesn't just mess up a new filter. After you run it once or twice then I'd change the fuel filter.
    I like the idea about the fuel filter and i think priming it is a good idea also.

Thanks guys

Anything else? I am going to check the tries but is there any other concerns?

Thread Information