Can't figure this hesitation out

This is a discussion on Can't figure this hesitation out within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have a '01 WS6. Only mods are SLP air lid and Borla adjustable exhaust so far. I let my ...

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am-WS6

Can't figure this hesitation out

I have a '01 WS6. Only mods are SLP air lid and Borla adjustable exhaust so far. I let my friend race it one night because I was feeling a slight hesitation in 5th gear once in a while. It felt like it cut the fuel off for just a quick second. Anyway, when he raced it, he shifted into 2nd gear and it just cut all the power from the engine as if it were spinning with Trac. Ctrl. on, but it wasn't. He is the only one that can get my car to do it, only in 2nd gear and running it hard, and usually when the engine is warm. We hooked up the EFI Live to it and in the 3 runs when this occurred, it showed a misfire on cylinders 3 & 4 the first time, Cyl. 3 the second, and Cyl. 5 the last time. It didn't show any codes or any other problems. We were thinking something in the fuel system possibly. Anybody know of any other possibilities or remedies for this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Creston

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

I dunno man, This sounds like it could be related to the hesitation that many of us describe...There is another thread on it, and although you aren't neccessarily having the exact same symptoms, they could still be caused by a similar problem. Check out this thread: Engine hesitation!!

Thread Information