Guys,

I have looked everywhere I know for the following information. Thanks in advance for your help...

I have a customized 1959 chevrolet apache truck that I would like to put an LS1 in. In the past on these trucks, people simply cut off the old front suspension and then welded a 1970-ish camaro/firebird front suspension on it. Then they had disc brakes and small block chevrolet mounts. I would like to do the same, except with a modern camaro/firebird front subframe. That way I could have the disc brakes, power steering, and LS1 mounts. Does anyone know anything about a conversion like this? Here are a few questions I have. Anyone with one of these cars can answer them pretty easily.

1. I have the dimensions of the engine with motor mount locations. Where relative to the centerline of the motor mount is the centerline of the wheel? If the engine is too far back, I might have to rethink this approach.

2. How high from level ground is the stock subframe on a LS1 camaro/firebird (with factory wheel/tire sizes)?

Any input on my project is also appreciated. Thanks again...