Bright Green Metallic
    1998 Camaro Z28

Camaro LS1 unsolved problem!

Recently after starting my car (98 camaro z28) it started to run rough and miss out after putting it in drive. It lasted about 30 seconds and then the rough idle just stopped. The car then ran fine. I replaced the fuel filter and just had the plugs and wires replaced. The mechanic hooked up his diagonostic machine and did not detect any misfires after the new plugs and wires were installed. Sure enough after driving my car for about an hour, stopping and then starting it back up it ran like hell and acted like it was missing out. Again for about 30 seconds it did not run right and then the rough idle stopped. After that it ran perfectly with a smooth idle. I shut the car off and started it again and it did the same thing. This time i did not put it in drive and attempt to drive it but just let it ran. Soon enough the idle was very rough and i also heard the exhaust making a different tone than normal. I let it run for about a minute and shortly thereafter it ran fine. I am clueless as to what it could be. It seems like it will only do it when the car has ran for a while and it only does it after you start it back up when warmed up. Please help and sorry for such a long post!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

my car did that before, my temp gauge would also read crazy when it did, i replaced my temp senging unit and it fixed it so far. that was last summer

NBM
    2002 Camaro

If you rev it does it pop out the exhaust? If so im gonna say that it is probably the crankshaft position sensor
    02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

Bright Green Metallic
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by NoscamaroSS View Post
    If you rev it does it pop out the exhaust? If so im gonna say that it is probably the crankshaft position sensor
    when it is running rough and i rev it nothing out of the ordinary happens. the odd sound out of the exhaust kind of sounds shallow and does not have the normal exhaust rumble. when it makes that sound the problem usually occurs when i put it in drive.

Thread Information