C5 brake problem

This is a discussion on C5 brake problem within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I recently got crossdrilled rotors for my c5. The person I bought them from marked the box wrong on the ...

Medium Sprial Gey
    2003 Corvette

C5 brake problem

I recently got crossdrilled rotors for my c5. The person I bought them from marked the box wrong on the rears and I put the RR onto the LR. Now its stuck on the e-brake pads. I tried to use a rubber mallet and pulled as hard as I could. The fit is so tight that I did start to move the rotor but the e-brake pads came with it! The pads arent budging from the rotor. The assembly has come apart a little. The e-brake pads wont let go of the middle of the rotor so its seperating. I think I might have permanently damaged the assembly, not sure though. NOT GOOD. Should I remove the rear spindle bolt? Would I be able to fix it by doing that? I cant get this rotor off and I seriously need help. Anyone with info is greatly appreciated!

Camaro

Did you back off the parking brake adjuster? You may also have a cable hanging up. The rotor design doesn't care which side you put it on it will work on either side.

I had the same prob on mine last week when I was trying to adj the e-brake. Try this trick, try turning the rotor while pulling it off. Thats how I got mine off after the decieded to get stuck while adj the e-brake.

Thread Information