C5 brake conversion or better drill and slotted kit??

This is a discussion on C5 brake conversion or better drill and slotted kit?? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; well ive seen the C5 convertion and just want to know if im better off to do better rotors and ...

white
    2002 z28

C5 brake conversion or better drill and slotted kit??

well ive seen the C5 convertion and just want to know if im better off to do better rotors and pads like slotted and drilled for a F-body??

please explain. im not a auto crosser and mainly a drag racer soo if that helps. but if im doing something i want it done right and for the best price??

and are the ROTOR WORKS kit good from ws6store.com for $170.00 dollars ????? its very tempting

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Honestly, you'd be best served by a GOOD set of rotors/pads. Drilled/slotted are more for show, but they do look nice and I'll admit to buying them. Try some good pads like Hawk or EBC with Brembo blanks...

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

I went with the Baer Eradaspeed rotors coupled to the Hawk HPS pads, to get a much firmer pedal, replace your rubber brake hoses with a set of Russel SS braided brake hoses.

SteveC

Onyx Black
    2000 Berger SS #21

Quote Originally Posted by danziger View Post
    Honestly, you'd be best served by a GOOD set of rotors/pads. Drilled/slotted are more for show, but they do look nice and I'll admit to buying them. Try some good pads like Hawk or EBC with Brembo blanks...
    For the most part I agree; however slotted rotor can help with cleaning. Drilled are of no use at all except for looks. I have them for that reason as well.

Thread Information