Arrest me red
    2001 Camaro SS #2254

A/C Idler Pulley 01 SS

Hello all!

My 2001 Camaro SS has developed an eyeball twitching and absolutely maddening squeaky squeal. It’s just hard to look cool cruising with the tops off with the squealing sound of two hamsters getting their groove on emanating from the depths of your engine bay.

I have narrowed the problem down to my A/C belt area (removed the belt entirely and the squeal magically stopped) – and I’m 99% certain it is the A/C idler pulley or the A/C tensioner… at least I’m really HOPING it’s those and not the actual A/C unit itself.

I’ve done a little research into this and I’m finding conflicting results. One claim the tensioner & the pulley are the same part – other’s claim they are different…and I keep finding various GM part numbers and the main belt drive tensioner and the A/C tensioner seem to be different parts – yet other’s claim it’s the same part… I also was not sure if the Camaro, Vette, and Goat had different A/C belt drives (I know in other motors they were set up slightly different from eachother) and this might be the cause of my confusion??

Anyway, can anyone tell me EXACTLY what part(s) I am looking for to fix this??

Thank you!

black
    2000 camaro ss

i had the same problem. just replace the pulley im not sure about the part# but i got mine from gm parts direct. It takes a torx bit to get it off (simple job).

Thread Information