A/C Idler Pulley 01 SS

This is a discussion on A/C Idler Pulley 01 SS within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ...

Arrest me red
    2001 Camaro SS #2254

A/C Idler Pulley 01 SS

Hello all!

My 2001 Camaro SS has developed an eyeball twitching and absolutely maddening squeaky squeal. Itís just hard to look cool cruising with the tops off with the squealing sound of two hamsters getting their groove on emanating from the depths of your engine bay.

I have narrowed the problem down to my A/C belt area (removed the belt entirely and the squeal magically stopped) Ė and Iím 99% certain it is the A/C idler pulley or the A/C tensionerÖ at least Iím really HOPING itís those and not the actual A/C unit itself.

Iíve done a little research into this and Iím finding conflicting results. One claim the tensioner & the pulley are the same part Ė otherís claim they are differentÖand I keep finding various GM part numbers and the main belt drive tensioner and the A/C tensioner seem to be different parts Ė yet otherís claim itís the same partÖ I also was not sure if the Camaro, Vette, and Goat had different A/C belt drives (I know in other motors they were set up slightly different from eachother) and this might be the cause of my confusion??

Anyway, can anyone tell me EXACTLY what part(s) I am looking for to fix this??

Thank you!

kansas city mo

2000 camaro ss

i had the same problem. just replace the pulley im not sure about the part# but i got mine from gm parts direct. It takes a torx bit to get it off (simple job).

Thread Information