Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 87

A/C help

This is a discussion on A/C help within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; the ac turns on BUT no air comes out of the vents.....i think its vacuum leak.....does anyone know where to ...

  1. #1
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937

    A/C help

    the ac turns on BUT no air comes out of the vents.....i think its vacuum leak.....does anyone know where to look or what line it is? just make it EZer for me, this is the first time this has happen

  2. #2
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    You're going to have to check both the hi and low pressure hoses for leaks. Chaser dye works well to find leaks. Are the lines new? Were they recently replaced? Or are they original?

  3. #3
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    You're going to have to check both the hi and low pressure hoses for leaks. Chaser dye works well to find leaks. Are the lines new? Were they recently replaced? Or are they original?
    there were replaced, dont know when tho.....the compressor turns on and all that and cold air comes out of the small vents on the pillars BUT not the 5 main vents on the dash (3 in the middle and one on each side)

  4. #4
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    No cold air? Or NO air coming from the 5 main vents?

  5. #5
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    No cold air? Or NO air coming from the 5 main vents?
    no air coming out of the vents

  6. #6
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Sounds like the blend function in the A/C controls is either disconnected, the vacuum tube is disconnected or broken causing the flap to stay shut.

  7. #7
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Sounds like the blend function in the A/C controls is either disconnected, the vacuum tube is disconnected or broken causing the flap to stay shut.
    so i have to take the controls out of the dash and look? or is this located some where else.....i fucking hate ac shit
    Last edited by Blackbird WS6; 10-12-2010 at 11:21 AM.

  8. #8
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    You might be able to look around under the dash for loose wiring/tubing. Or pull the radio and look through the hole where the radio sits.

  9. #9
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    You might be able to look around under the dash for loose wiring/tubing. Or pull the radio and look through the hole where the radio sits.
    ok....its not anything in the engine bay right? no lines there?

  10. #10
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    I don't think so. Usually the blower is under the hood if I recall. The A/C wiring/tubing is usually under the dash. When you switch the controls to, say, defrost and then to floor, do you hear a "thud" noise?

  11. #11
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I don't think so. Usually the blower is under the hood if I recall. The A/C wiring/tubing is usually under the dash. When you switch the controls to, say, defrost and then to floor, do you hear a "thud" noise?
    not 100% sure...have to check later......if i dont then what?

  12. #12
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    If you don't hear that "thud" noise, then most likely the flap is stuck or there is something disconnected.

  13. #13
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    If you don't hear that "thud" noise, then most likely the flap is stuck or there is something disconnected.
    ok i didnt here the flap shut.....it blows out everywhere else BUT the (5) main vents...i started to move around some of all that crap under there and they slowly started to blow and then without a min or 2 there at full speed THEN i shout everything off and turned it back on they didnt work anymore...then out of nowhere slowly they started to blow again THEN i shout everything off again and they did the same shit....i dont know if something is lose OR WTF the problem is now
    Last edited by Blackbird WS6; 10-12-2010 at 01:06 PM.

  14. #14
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Sounds like the flap may be gummed up or jammed.

  15. #15
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Sounds like the flap may be gummed up or jammed.
    so im going to have to take all that shit apart under the dash infront of the glove box? thats going to be fun


    god damnit i hate ac shit lol....its always a loose loose when working with ac crap....this is not the end of it i know lol

  16. #16
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    I suppose. But you should try to work the flap by switching the settings back and forth to see if that will set the flap back to normal.

  17. #17
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I suppose. But you should try to work the flap by switching the settings back and forth to see if that will set the flap back to normal.
    tryed....didnt do shit, well i know everything works NOW so thats good, just have to get those vents to turn on without a problem

  18. #18
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    id look at the back of your intake manifold ...on the side opposite of your brake booster line there is a small plasticy hose ..it is for your hvac system..make sure it is plugged in ..and if it is i would take off your intake and make sure it isnt broken in anyway

  19. #19
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    id look at the back of your intake manifold ...on the side opposite of your brake booster line there is a small plasticy hose ..it is for your hvac system..make sure it is plugged in ..and if it is i would take off your intake and make sure it isnt broken in anyway
    well it was working fine the last time i used the ac a month ago and the car only had been driven a mile if that from that time BUT ill check into it

  20. #20
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Check the vaccume block located near the BCM up under the passenger dash kick panel near the glove box bucket.. it's round with multi colored hoses comming out of it.. Check connections and for dryrot. There could also be an obstruction in the "flapper" box..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif


    Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •