Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Burnout stronger on left side?

So i have a pair of nitto 555r drag radials that i use for drag racing... well not anymore cuz they sucked so now i got me some m/t et streets i cant wait to try em out!!!! Anyyyyyyyyways i was noticing my driver side rear tire is more wasted that my passenger side rear tire... Anybody have any idea why? i only use em for the track, I do have a adjustable panhard bar which i believe is correctly adjusted.. could it be that it isn't correctly adjusted?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

How many miles on them that you are able to notice a difference in tread?
    Are you sure the car is warming up both tires and not just one?

If both are spinning for the warm-up, it probably has an issue with the rear suspension not being aligned properly. This could be the panhard, the LCA's, pinion angle, etc....

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am M6

Question

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    So i have a pair of nitto 555r drag radials that i use for drag racing... well not anymore cuz they sucked so now i got me some m/t et streets i cant wait to try em out!!!! Anyyyyyyyyways i was noticing my driver side rear tire is more wasted that my passenger side rear tire... Anybody have any idea why? i only use em for the track, I do have a adjustable panhard bar which i believe is correctly adjusted.. could it be that it isn't correctly adjusted?
    I've noticed this on some Fbodies too. A T/A I was looking at had a bit of rubber on the drivers but none on the pax side. The Z I'm looking at currently (and will most likely buy) also had it.

Someone took that one out for a saturday joyride and nobody was the wiser. Just a few flicks of rubber on the passenger side but the point behind the rear wheel on the drivers side had some nice dried rubber flecks all over the fender.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    How many miles on them that you are able to notice a difference in tread?
    Are you sure the car is warming up both tires and not just one?

If both are spinning for the warm-up, it probably has an issue with the rear suspension not being aligned properly. This could be the panhard, the LCA's, pinion angle, etc....
    Im not sure how many miles i put on them since i just them for the strip a few times. And yes im sure both are spinnin, and im also thinking my rear isnt aligned correctly hmmmm

White
    1998 Trans Am

The right rear pulls up on acceleration. That's why people use the air bag on the right, or the anti roll bar ( drag bar ) to hold the rear even. That's also the reason when the car launches, it pulls the left front, while the right rear squats.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by bills98ta View Post
    The right rear pulls up on acceleration. That's why people use the air bag on the right, or the anti roll bar ( drag bar ) to hold the rear even. That's also the reason when the car launches, it pulls the left front, while the right rear squats.
    ooooooo wow very interesting, i didnt know this

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by bills98ta View Post
    Could also explain why high power (even base LS1) apps on the rear ends of some Camaros and Firebirds end up toasting the rears. Almost as if the engine under the right conditions could have TOO much torque.. I could definitely feel the twist for sure when I went off the line in that car.
    Last edited by Zabo; 08-04-2009 at 10:52 AM.

Thread Information