Thread: brake stuck

Red
    1998 SS

brake stuck

i just changed the front rotors, and got some hawk pads....i pushed the pistons back in as far as they could go, put the new pad in, and new rotors...drivers side went in smooth.....passanger side went in so tight the wheel dont turn. put it all together thinking after a couple of feet of driving, it will adjust to normal...nottt.

what could i have forgoten, or done wrong for this to happen...ive done a rotor and pads swap plenty of times....

any help appreciated.
    98SS A4, TSP CLR LID, LS6 INTAKE, BMR SFC/STB/ LWR CNTRL & TRQ ARMS, KYB ADJ., HOTCHKINS SWAY BARS, MSD WIRES, JETHOT LT/ORY, MAGNAFLO CATBACK, EIBACH PROKIT, 19" TSW WHEELS, PERMA COOL TRANY COOLER.

257.8 hp (MUSTANG-DYNO) b4 ANY MODS.
    13.6 1/4 mile

Black
    99 camaro

It's either going to be a bad brake hose or a bad brake caliper. The only way I now how to check it, remove the wheel take the caliper back off, open the bleader screew and see if the caliper will move back in some with easy, if so then it is the brake hose. The last car that did that to me got new caliper's and brake hose's. just my .02 cents

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...ghlight=brakes

Make sure the caliper pins are free and greased

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

^^^ sounds like a siezed guide pin...if you can't get one of the pins out try torching it. If you still can't get them out then you'll need a new caliper bracket.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

if you need new calipers, they are not that expensive and are easier to swap out then rebuild...

seized pins come right out without using heat,just get some PB blaster spray it on,tap lightly with a small hammer,let sit 1/2 hr,go drink beer,come back and pull pin out.I've done this a few times,1st time i tried heat but they wouldn't budge,few squirts of pb blaster and they fly out!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    seized pins come right out without using heat,just get some PB blaster spray it on,tap lightly with a small hammer,let sit 1/2 hr,go drink beer,come back and pull pin out.I've done this a few times,1st time i tried heat but they wouldn't budge,few squirts of pb blaster and they fly out!
    hmmm cool..i'll give that a try next time

Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    I'd like to argue with that one! I went through a good case of beer waiting for PB Blaster to do its thing, then moved on to lighter fluid, then to a torch. Ended up drilling the pin out... of course I missed and drilled it too close to the edge of the bracket... and now nobody can tell me where to get a new bracket from!

Quote Originally Posted by ProwlerZ View Post
    I'd like to argue with that one! I went through a good case of beer waiting for PB Blaster to do its thing, then moved on to lighter fluid, then to a torch. Ended up drilling the pin out... of course I missed and drilled it too close to the edge of the bracket... and now nobody can tell me where to get a new bracket from!
    dealer sells um for about 90.Did you lightly tap on the pin for a few mins after you applied pb so it breaks the bond?I'm telling you i've gotten these pins out when a torch didn't do anything.

Red
    1998 SS

thanks alot guys, i took the pin off, and cleaned and greased it. no luck.....but also noticed that my brake fluid is bad (moldy type of substance floating on top of reservoir)....so im gonna get new s.s. lines, and flush out the syst....and hopefully that will do it.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by redz284u View Post
    thanks alot guys, i took the pin off, and cleaned and greased it. no luck.....but also noticed that my brake fluid is bad (moldy type of substance floating on top of reservoir)....so im gonna get new s.s. lines, and flush out the syst....and hopefully that will do it.
    There are two pins per caliper

Thread Information