Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Which brake Rotors?

I am revamping my brakes right now and am looking for some new front rotors. not sure which ones to get at the moment. I already ordered some Hawk HPS pads, and now I am looking for the rotors to go with them.

http://www.LMPerformance.com/18879/1.html
    I was looking at these. They have a 3 year warranty but I am kinds scared of getting cross drilled rotors since I hear they crack. My car is only a DD so I'm not sure if I'll be driving hard enough to do any damage to them.

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1224
    These were my first choice before I shopped around more. I'm not sure if they have any good warranties though, and they are only around $15 cheaper than the Baer's after shipping.

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...roducts_id=552

My friend has some of these and he likes them alot. They seem to be pretty high quality too. Don't know much else about them.

So what do you guys think? and have any suggestions for other rotors? I don't want any cheapy ones. I'm only going with main big brands that I know I can trust.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Brembo blanks.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

Good quality name brand like Brembo, Baer, etc. and you'll be fine. Don't worry about cross drilled if you don't autocross, just get good rotors that you like and you'll be fine.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

contradicting views somewhat, anyone else?

White
    1998 Trans Am

I went with slotted only & they've held up great. ( 2 years now ) I heard the drilled rotors tend to get hairline cracks at the holes... Mine were the cheaper ones on ebay... LOL !!!

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Unless you're looking for the "cool" factor, blanks will be fine.
    Slots or holes increase pad wear & dust more.
    Hawk HPS are a carbon ferro pad & are easier on rotors than ceramic.

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    contradicting views somewhat, anyone else?
    Brembo blanks. There really is no real need for a slotted or a cross drilled rotor if you really aren't seriously tracking this car on a road race course. Otherwise, it is money wasted for looks.

09 Vulcan 900 custom.
    2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
    1998 Z/28 Hardtop A4 | Y2K wheels | SLP Lid | Magnaflow catback |cutout | Hotchkis LCA'S/PHB | BMR TA and D/S Loop| Tuned by Frost....300rwhp/308rwtq

97 Cobra- bolt ons | full exhaust| 4.30's| suspension | SCT tune- sold!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I run R1 concepts slotted/drilled rotors from ebay. Have them on both my cars and 4 other people I know run them on theirs. That's 6 sets and not a single issue with any of them....~ $200 shipped for all 4 I think it is now. I paid $160 shipped but that's been a few years ago.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I run R1 concepts slotted/drilled rotors from ebay. Have them on both my cars and 4 other people I know run them on theirs. That's 6 sets and not a single issue with any of them....~ $200 shipped for all 4 I think it is now. I paid $160 shipped but that's been a few years ago.
    How are they compared to stock?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

How are they compared to stock?
    mine all have been great. It'd take a lot for me to buy any other rotors. Can't beat them for the money. Firebirdjones on here also ordered a couple sets. Might want to PM him and see what he has to say. He just ordered his fairly recently I think.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I tried ordering some slotted brembos, but I guess Brembo wont allow anyone to sell them until they retool them or something, at least that's what the guy at ws6store told me over the phone. I'm considering the EBC set now.http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=2077

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

I have the Baer "Eradaspeed" rotors coupled to the Hawk "HPS" pads all the way around, with Russell SS braided brake hoses (stock calipers), it made a tremendous difference in the braking of the vehicle over the stock system.

SteveC

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I ordered some EBC rotors from Ws6store. They came in black but it'll wear off and be silver once I drive. The back ones came silver already. I also got some Hawk HPS pads. hopefully they'll be on later this week, if not then next week.

Oh, and check out the botched boob job on the EBC girl

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Admit it.....you bought those rotors because of the picture on the box, didn't you?

Black
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

bluesfield, how are those rotors holding up? This is a mod I've really been wanting to do to LS1. Any warping, how are the pads lasting, how is the brake dust issue? how about an update

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1224
    These were my first choice before I shopped around more. I'm not sure if they have any good warranties though, and they are only around $15 cheaper than the Baer's after shipping.

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...roducts_id=552

My friend has some of these and he likes them alot. They seem to be pretty high quality too.
    I have ws6project rotors!!! If you want to go drilled and slotted ws6 it's the way to go IMO...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Well, I kinda wish I went with blanks to be honest. The brake rotors are fucking loud. Every time I stop you can hear the pads grinding over all the slots and what not. I also think the pads are rubbing a little, so as I drive I can hear it make a contact noise over all the slots/dimples. Anyone else have any noise with your fancy rotors?

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Well, I kinda wish I went with blanks to be honest. The brake rotors are fucking loud. Every time I stop you can hear the pads grinding over all the slots and what not. I also think the pads are rubbing a little, so as I drive I can hear it make a contact noise over all the slots/dimples. Anyone else have any noise with your fancy rotors?
    Nope.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

If they are rubbing its pretty easy to find out. I had this problem with my parking brake hanging up. Get a cheap laser thermometer. My multimeter has one built in. I was blatantly obvious on my situation. My rear rotors were around 170*, while the others with around 110* if I remember correctly.

Black
    2001 WS6

I'd try to go with baer rotors and ebc pads. ive ran them on my vette for years with no problems. Baer has a decelarotor thats not too expensive, thats cross drilled and slotted. Ebc makes good quality long lasting pads.

Thread Information