Bottom feeding ram air project

This is a discussion on Bottom feeding ram air project within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; So I've decided to take on a project, and I want your guys' opinion. I've been doing alot of research ...

Black
    2001 WS6

Bottom feeding ram air project

So I've decided to take on a project, and I want your guys' opinion. I've been doing alot of research on the ssra's , the ftra's, and jaam. I looked at ls1tech and how chrs1313 and doubt it did their own "super suckers". My plan is : Seal up the air box using foam or weather stripping, fab jaam plate, and construct a sucker that sits flush with the bottom air dam/bumper so it doesnt stick out like an elephant trunk, while maximizing the air volume without harming engine cooling capacities. I have the nostrils de-baffled, with a lid n filter. with all these together ( sealed box, plate, and ftssra duct) what do you think my gains will be? Also, im wondering about that support between the radiator and the front of the car. I'm assuming it's been removed, but is it ok to remove it? it's that Y lookin thing

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

the vararam kit doesn't work?

Black
    2001 WS6

this is on an 01 ws6. I've got the blackwing for the vette and the front liscense plate screened on that.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    this is on an 01 ws6. I've got the blackwing for the vette and the front liscense plate screened on that.
    Okay I guess I don't know much about the car, why not ram air through the nostrils?

Black
    2001 WS6

It's a ws6, so it's got the nostrils. I've got them debaffled. I'm looking to make a seal between the hood and the airbox. As well as all the fabbing.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

It's a ws6, so it's got the nostrils. I've got them debaffled. I'm looking to make a seal between the hood and the airbox. As well as all the fabbing.
    Okay, I would go that route instead of going under because my ssra picks up all kinds of debris.

Black
    2001 WS6

maybe there's a way to put a screen in there. thats still what im trying to do. make a combination between the ftra and ssra.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

maybe there's a way to put a screen in there. thats still what im trying to do. make a combination between the ftra and ssra.
    Not so much big stuff but alot of dust, it's a real bitch to keep cleaning my k&n let it dry between cleanings. It does the same if you don't have the ssra lower element

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Not so much big stuff but alot of dust, it's a real bitch to keep cleaning my k&n let it dry between cleanings. It does the same if you don't have the ssra lower element

Ditch the K&N they don't filter worth a crap read the indepentant tests like bobistheoilguy etc...... Dirty filter is why I never did the FRA mod.....

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by SOMbitch View Post
    Ditch the K&N they don't filter worth a crap read the indepentant tests like bobistheoilguy etc...... Dirty filter is why I never did the FRA mod.....
    sure i'll look into it, any brands you suggest or give me some url's?

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

I really think your gains over a stock box with a lid is not going to be worth all the trouble.

Slow Passenger Window - Want Passenger Express Down - Tired of Replacing DayTime Running Light Bulbs

Camaro Owners Click Here
    Firebird Owners Click Here

Need instructions to replace your F-Body window motor?
    www.AutoTrix.net

Thread Information