Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

bolt ons

This is a discussion on bolt ons within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; hey i have a 1998 z28 and i want to put a ls6 intake manifold on it i also want ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    sc
    Posts
    63

    black
    1998 camaro

    bolt ons

    hey i have a 1998 z28 and i want to put a ls6 intake manifold on it i also want to put injectors and fuel rail but dont know what kind and size. can i get some good options thanks

  2. #2
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,998

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    The factory injectors and fuel rail will fit just fine.

  3. #3
    Senior Member bills98ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Thomas, PA
    Posts
    5,047

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    The 98's had the larger 28.8 injectors already. If you do go larger, you will need a tune.

  4. #4
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    do some more research..... unless there are mods you're not telling us about you can skip 2 out of 3 of those. The rails and injectors aren't needed really unless there's something we don't know.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    sc
    Posts
    63

    black
    1998 camaro

    it has longtube headers exhaust slp lid. 4.11 gears. im new to ls1 i just need some help on mods. if you have some sugguestion i would appresate it. thanks

  6. #6
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    you dont need bigger injectors, you have alot to go before you get to that point lol

    you have a M6 or A4? im guessing with those 4.11s you have a M6....take it EZ on that rearend if its a stock 10bolt, it will break

    get some SFC, P&P TB.....if you just got the car, maybe a full tuneup

  7. #7
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Those mods blackbird ws6 listed wouldn't be a bad way to start. As long as you're doing the intake you might as well finish the air in side and the sub frames are just a good idea that will tighten the whole car up. For the throttle body there are a couple places that do good work. I went with a shaner S3.....you can google "shaner throttle body" and his is the first site listed. After that you can get a mail order tune from Frost for $125 that'll really let you take advantage of those mods.

    SFC= Sub Frame Connectors
    P&P TB= Ported and Polished throttle body

  8. #8
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Those mods blackbird ws6 listed wouldn't be a bad way to start. As long as you're doing the intake you might as well finish the air in side and the sub frames are just a good idea that will tighten the whole car up. For the throttle body there are a couple places that do good work. I went with a shaner S3.....you can google "shaner throttle body" and his is the first site listed. After that you can get a mail order tune from Frost for $125 that'll really let you take advantage of those mods.

    SFC= Sub Frame Connectors
    P&P TB= Ported and Polished throttle body




    OP- what catback you running?

    you might want to lower the car and get yourself a nice set of rims/tires and SS hood/wing as well....i know there not go fast parts BUT it will make your Z look night and day diff.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    sc
    Posts
    63

    black
    1998 camaro

    Frost tune

    you said i should get a frost tune. what does it do? and is it like a chip or what

  10. #10
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Ls1m6Nichols View Post
    you said i should get a frost tune. what does it do? and is it like a chip or what
    No. All you have to do is take out your PCM and mail it to him. He will adjust a few things and send it back. Then just put it back in and your all set.
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

    Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

  11. #11
    Senior Member bills98ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St Thomas, PA
    Posts
    5,047

    White
    1998 Trans Am


  12. #12
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,511

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Those mods blackbird ws6 listed wouldn't be a bad way to start. As long as you're doing the intake you might as well finish the air in side and the sub frames are just a good idea that will tighten the whole car up. For the throttle body there are a couple places that do good work. I went with a shaner S3.....you can google "shaner throttle body" and his is the first site listed. After that you can get a mail order tune from Frost for $125 that'll really let you take advantage of those mods.

    SFC= Sub Frame Connectors
    P&P TB= Ported and Polished throttle body
    Orion - What size is the S3?

  13. #13
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    imho it is pointless to buy a stock sized p&p tb if you are planning on going to a larger setup ie 90mm+ just save that 100 bucks towards that.

  14. #14
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by Ls1m6Nichols View Post
    hey i have a 1998 z28 and i want to put a ls6 intake manifold on it i also want to put injectors and fuel rail but dont know what kind and size. can i get some good options thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    imho it is pointless to buy a stock sized p&p tb if you are planning on going to a larger setup ie 90mm+ just save that 100 bucks towards that.
    first post

  15. #15
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    first post
    yes but that doesnt mean he wont want to go larger down the road. ..shoot i have a ls6 on right now..but when i go h/c/i best believe i will have the lsx102 with the 102 mm tb.

  16. #16
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    yes but that doesnt mean he wont want to go larger down the road. ..shoot i have a ls6 on right now..but when i go h/c/i best believe i will have the lsx102 with the 102 mm tb.
    I know a lot of ppl who have h/c and are still on the ls6 intake making crazy numbers.

  17. #17
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    I know a lot of ppl who have h/c and are still on the ls6 intake making crazy numbers.
    that is true..but i am sure with a fast those numbers will still improve.

  18. #18
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    that is true..but i am sure with a fast those numbers will still improve.
    Depends on how you look at it. Is 15-20hp worth $2000+.

  19. #19
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Depends on how you look at it. Is 15-20hp worth $2000+.
    i guess if the fast 102mm intake and tb was 2000 it would be a different story...but it isnt. it is $1200. even if you had Tony hand port the intake you still wouldn't even be close to $2000+

  20. #20
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i guess if the fast 102mm intake and tb was 2000 it would be a different story...but it isnt. it is $1200. even if you had Tony hand port the intake you still wouldn't even be close to $2000+
    My bad, I was getting it confused w/ something else. Yeah its about $1200.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bolt-In Rearend Buyers Guide - Bolt-In Rearends -
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 03:40 AM
  2. Bolt-In Rearend Buyers Guide - Bolt-In Rearends -
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 03:40 PM
  3. Bolt On Parts - Dyno Proven Bolt-ons - Tech
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 05:37 PM
  4. Center bolt to Perimeter bolt Heads, Coil Mounting help
    By juiced99ws6 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-31-2007, 12:38 AM
  5. wtb - 12 bolt - have cash & rebuilt 10 bolt for partial trade
    By wesTXwitesnake05 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 11:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •