white

Bogging problem.....????????????

Hello all this is my first post and.....I have just bought a 1998 trans am. I test drove the car and it felt great, and coming from a big dodge ram this thing has some serious power.........But now after a week Im noticing big time bogging issues off the bottom end......when I take off in 1st gear it bogs really bad to the point I have to ride the clutch and use alot more gas......smae thing happens when shifting into 2nd.........Im fealing really bummed right now and hoping theres is nothing major wrong with the car.....Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!! Oh and the car other than the bogging to 2500 rpm will drive great and does not feal like it has any sort of power lose......This car has 128,xxx miles and I have not changed anything since I got it so let me know what kind of maintence I should perform and what I should expect....Thanks

"bone stock....."
    1994 Camaro Z28

I'd check the plugs / wires, air filter, etc.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

First things first, If your gonna do the maint. yourself you might wanna assume nothing has been done so that you know where your car sits.
    Like above i would change: plugs, wires, oil and filter, fuel filter, pcv valves, air filter, flush cooling system and tranny. check for leaks and all that good stuff and adress if you find any issues.
    As far as bogging could it be slipping clutch?
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess
    As far as bogging could it be slipping clutch?
    That was my first guess but I have no experience with m6 cars so I didn't want to say anything.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

chances are its a stock clutch and its done seen its days
    Now you can upgrade and go better, lol

white

My clutch is bad but I have never had a bogging problem with my other cars that had a bad clutch....is that just gm prone or????????

pewter
    2000 ta

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My car has a big hesitation sometimes its gradual sometimes itslike you hit the rev limiter it does it between each gear only when the engine is pulling --goes away comes on strong shifts then does it all over again 2000 ta changed fuel fillter has 60* of fuel pressure at idle-- scan no codes but my 02s1 does not move up and down and holds around 800 o2s22 also holds around 800 the other sensor moves freely between lower no. and higher nos. could bad o2 sensors be causing this problem without throwing any codes. ive had this problem for about a year.. i dont think its a vacum leak

sometimes the hesitation is very slow in coming. is this similiar to your promblem?

white

I guess kinda....its more whe im starting to drive in first gear between the 1000 n 3000 rpm mark....it has big time hesitation and bogging every gear is like that unless im really onit.....I dont feal it as much when im getting on the gas....but it is really frustrating me....big time...........let me know if u come up with any possiblities...thanks

Thread Information