White
    1999 T/A

Blinker problems....

when the cars on the left blinker works fine but the right one doesnt come on.. then if i put the headlights on both signal lights go on and the left will blink normal, but if i put the right blinker on it just stays lit and wont blink. any idea whats goin on wit my blinkers????

You're low on blinker fluid.Remove the steering wheel and fill the blinker reservoir.Get the GM blinker fluid from the dealer.

<JOKING>

White
    1999 T/A

lmao.... any ideas??? up~

White
    98 Trans AM

Firebirds are bad about collecting water in the front turn signal housings. Many times corrosion will develope in the plug and the bulb will not work. If a bulb is out the turn signal on the side where it is out stops working. I would just turn on the car, leave in park, and see if any of the front turn signal lights are not on and also check back just to make sure. If they are on, try the signal on one side and it should work. Do the same on the other side. Then try with your headlights on. If you notice one of the turn signals is dimmer than the other when just sitting that is the bulb / connector you need to fix. To verify try the same turn signal test with the headlights on and the side that is dim should not blink. I have fought with this one many times!! Usually taking some alcohol on a que tip...when car is turned off and cleaning the plug and then putting the bulb back in fixes this. If you have another bulb though stick it in just to make sure.
    98 T/A: HPE 5.3 Heads, 238/242 113 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped LT headers, Custom Y pipe, Cut out, Borla, NW 90MM TB, FAST 90MM Intake, TB Bypass, Under Drive Power steering and Crank, 150 Dry NOS, Yella Terra rockers, 3400 TC, HPE tuning,

SOM
    '01 Camaro SS

The reason the turn signal doesn't work (stays on constantly instead of blinking) is usually the car's way of telling you that a bulb has burnt out on that circuit. Check the front/rear bulbs on the right side and replace the burnt one(s). If it was an issue of water getting in to the casing, you'd go through bulbs more frequently - especially after a good rain.

black
    2002 WS6

The problem with the firebird/TA design is the the socket for the bulb is in the bottom of the housing instead of the back, top or sides. What happens it that condensation and dirt collect in the socket which is the lowest point and corrod the contacts. The little foam gasket keepsmost of it out but not all.

White
    1999 T/A

well i found the prob. u guys r right. whoever designed our drl setups should be shot... i took off the bulb n my hand got covered in some nice brown water.... the connectors shot and it eroded the wire on the bulb. im gonna run down to my gm dealer n see how much they want, otherwise im just gonna get it for 30bux for gmpartsdirect. sonofa*****

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

has anyone tried drilling a small hole just before the socket to let the water out? this might let the water out before it sits in the socket.

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

im am having the same issue with condensation building up in the light housing, i have tried crc spray and a wire brush to get all the rust and dirt out, even bought a new housing at the dealer...BTW the socket costs $50 at the dealer im am gonna try drilling a hole in the old housing to see if that works at all.

White
    1999 T/A

i got mine thru my uncles shop for 40. but once the weather dried my turning signal started working fine again. im gonna hold onto the connector for the heck of it just in case n see wut happens

White
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Anyone had any discoloration on the lens due to condensation? I'm not really sure if it's the lens or the bulb turning weird colors, but if you look at the front of my car one is the nice yellow color and the other is almost white.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

mine did that...was the bulb coloring wearing off from all the water and mess coming in the cracked lenses! Lenses, sockets, and bulbs replaced for right at $100--she's a beauty again!
    3yr/36000 mile bumper-bumper + 1200 continuous watts of beautiful music will never get over my obsession with birds/vettes though...

Thread Information