Results 1 to 10 of 10

Big Block Swap

This is a discussion on Big Block Swap within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I searched and couldn't find anything but i know a lot of guys have put big blocks in the 4th ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    15
    96 trans-am

    Big Block Swap

    I searched and couldn't find anything but i know a lot of guys have put big blocks in the 4th gen camaros. Does anybody have any info on how to do it and were i can get a k-member and headders and any tips??? Pictures of a couple installs would be great!!! Also i wanted to put a turbo400 behind it so is that possible to do also???? thanks guys

  2. #2
    Member kev70ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Yorba Linda
    Age
    31
    Posts
    238

    Pewter
    2000 Camaro ss

    here is a pic
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread...ight=block+big
    I would think you need to modify your k-member and headers would have to be custom made

  3. #3
    Senior Member GULLETT17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    2,554

    00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

    good luck with the swap . . . but imo its not worth it unless your gonna makin a hard core drag car is the car a v6 orginally? i think you would have so much more money in buildin a bb to equal ls series sb. not to mention worse mpg and heavier.
    2000 TA, A4, LS6 intake, Magnaflow, WS9 hood, BMR STB, UMI boxed SFC, Spohn LCA, 9" Ford
    1998 TA Vert,​ NBM, M6, Flowmaster, WS6 hood, WS6 airbox, C6 wheels, UMI SFC, BMR STB
    1998 Bird, Black, V6, A4, 18" 077's, Wings West Body Kit
    1980 Formula, NBM, 402BB, cam, DR timing, LT headers, 3" TD w/ flowmasters, TH350
    1980 TA, Black, 301, bone stock

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    15
    96 trans-am

    Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    good luck with the swap . . . but imo its not worth it unless your gonna makin a hard core drag car is the car a v6 orginally? i think you would have so much more money in buildin a bb to equal ls series sb. not to mention worse mpg and heavier.
    The car is a 96 firebird v8 and ya it will be a race car only and i allready have the big block so that what i'm going with

  5. #5
    Senior Member GULLETT17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    2,554

    00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by gen3ls1 View Post
    The car is a 96 firebird v8 and ya it will be a race car only and i allready have the big block so that what i'm going with
    i guess understand that, just givin ya lil input . . . hate for you to go to A LOT of trouble and not be happy with the hp/tq you put down. what ci is your bb? plans/mods?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    15
    96 trans-am

    Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    i guess understand that, just givin ya lil input . . . hate for you to go to A LOT of trouble and not be happy with the hp/tq you put down. what ci is your bb? plans/mods?
    oh ya for sure i will take any input thats how you get good ideas

    It's 572 aluminum heads 600 hp n/a and a little nitrous to help out when needed!!! also a turbo400 on a break 4000 stall 456 gear and i want to get that new rearend setup from moser that thing is bad ass!!!

  7. #7
    I flame retards CamaroFan71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    1,068

    QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

    I guess if a total frag car is what youre going for and have the BB already thats cool. Ive seen LS1 cars put down close to that and still be driven like a stock car off the showroom car. But to each his own. Good luck.

  8. #8
    Senior Member GULLETT17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    2,554

    00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by gen3ls1 View Post
    oh ya for sure i will take any input thats how you get good ideas

    It's 572 aluminum heads 600 hp n/a and a little nitrous to help out when needed!!! also a turbo400 on a break 4000 stall 456 gear and i want to get that new rearend setup from moser that thing is bad ass!!!
    alright thatll work . . . guess i was thinkin your were goin with a "stock" type gm bb. but thatll be a beast man!! but still a lot of work

  9. #9
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Nothing sounds better than a cammed high compression big block!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    15
    96 trans-am

    i know somebody makes the k-member and i know lemons makes the headers but there like 1100$!!!!! so if anybody has any more knowledge were to get the headrs that would be key!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ly6 short block Swap Help
    By Bullet66x in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2015, 02:53 PM
  2. Help: any ideas for induction for an ls6 crate long block swap?
    By Billy's98WS6T/A in forum External Engine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 12:27 PM
  3. Help: ls2 block swap???
    By MurderedOutTA in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 05:11 PM
  4. LS1 to LS2 block swap
    By djvaly in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 02:46 PM
  5. Small-Block Top-End Swap - Big Power For Little Cash
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 01:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •