Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Best Build?

This is a discussion on Best Build? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by TexasLS1 tep, you are one cool chick. But you already know that. Sounds like your daddy raised ...

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLS1 View Post
    tep, you are one cool chick. But you already know that. Sounds like your daddy raised you right.
    thanks! definitely a daddy's girl all the way... he's got pictures of me when i was 3 in the garage with him playing with tools, standing on engines, riding 4 wheelers and dirt bikes with him. my first memories involve the garage, track and swap meets. he's a pretty cool dad

in other news, we got our ridiculous cam (it's a custom grind, i'll have to recheck the size on it, but it's lopey as f) installed in the engine, waiting on our ported heads/new head gaskets/ls6 intake to arrive today and we're re-installing the engine/trans monday!

and i still didn't tune mine ... we were balancing cranks last night after we put in the cam. but i did find a rear end already built up, ready to drop in ... going to look at that one tonight,

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    thanks! definitely a daddy's girl all the way... he's got pictures of me when i was 3 in the garage with him playing with tools, standing on engines, riding 4 wheelers and dirt bikes with him. my first memories involve the garage, track and swap meets. he's a pretty cool dad

in other news, we got our ridiculous cam (it's a custom grind, i'll have to recheck the size on it, but it's lopey as f) installed in the engine, waiting on our ported heads/new head gaskets/ls6 intake to arrive today and we're re-installing the engine/trans monday!

and i still didn't tune mine ... we were balancing cranks last night after we put in the cam. but i did find a rear end already built up, ready to drop in ... going to look at that one tonight,
    Wish i was in your shoes
    Sounds like you have your hands full for now

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Wish i was in your shoes
    Sounds like you have your hands full for now
    Everyone wishes they had endless opportunities and bottomless pockets when it comes to funding when building their LS1

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Everyone wishes they had endless opportunities and bottomless pockets when it comes to funding when building their LS1
    hah i know right. i wish it was mine i was building up and not the school's car. mine's coming slowly but surely! towards end of winter/spring i'm possibly doing a stroker or H/C/I .. havn't decided yet .. probably H/C/I due to $$ and moving out funds when school is done in may

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

hah i know right. i wish it was mine i was building up and not the school's car. mine's coming slowly but surely! towards end of winter/spring i'm possibly doing a stroker or H/C/I .. havn't decided yet .. probably H/C/I due to $$ and moving out funds when school is done in may
    Either one sounds good

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I understand the funding thing. I've spent WAY too much on mine this year, and have sacrificed added HP b/c I wanted to build my car from the ground up, in that order. So now I have empty pockets with not much more power than what I originally had. But it was a must for me and my future plans.

My advice is......Don't pick one over the other due to money. You will regret it later. Pick the one you really want and just grunt it out. Even if it may take longer, you will be happier in the end

But, either one does sound

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

I understand the funding thing. I've spent WAY too much on mine this year, and have sacrificed added HP b/c I wanted to build my car from the ground up, in that order. So now I have empty pockets with not much more power than what I originally had. But it was a must for me and my future plans.

My advice is......Don't pick one over the other due to money. You will regret it later. Pick the one you really want and just grunt it out. Even if it may take longer, you will be happier in the end

But, either one does sound
    i might just suck it up, find a bare bones block, get a stroker kit and then put ported heads/mildly agressive cam/LS6 intake on it. who knows!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

i might just suck it up, find a bare bones block, get a stroker kit and then put ported heads/mildly agressive cam/LS6 intake on it. who knows!
    Well the thought of either option you have going for yourself is

I vote stroker kit...then you can always go FI when you feel the urge and not have to worry

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Well the thought of either option you have going for yourself is

I vote stroker kit...then you can always go FI when you feel the urge and not have to worry
    i decided already. i have a set of LS2 heads on the way

so we put our cam in the Z28 two nights ago (it's a 600 lift cam, i dont have the rest of the specs in front of me) and the pistons upperdeck so bad now haha. thank you comp cams for advising us to get new timing gears

we also finished up the CETA ... H/C/I + 38lb fuel injectors. it was insane how much the engine came alive when we put the bigger injectors on. we did a pull last night w/ the "wind" on and it was about 68* in the dyno and pulled a 381 ... it should be colder tonight so we are going to adjust the timing and air/fuel and see if we can't get to 390. i got it up to 149mph in 4th gear. i was like WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was crazy! i guarentee this kid will destroy the car in less than four months. he's like 18 so i don't think it'll last long

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Congrats on the LS2 heads.

And I agree, 18 with that power = a rough life lesson waiting to happen.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Congrats on the LS2 heads.

And I agree, 18 with that power = a rough life lesson waiting to happen.
    thank you time to start hunting for a cam, valve train, injectors, intake and headers

i am so glad i didn't have my TA when i was 16-19 ... i probably would be dead now. i just hope this kid is mature enough to understand what can happen if he's not fully aware of the power this car now has and consequences. i mean 140mph, 6500RPMs in 4th gear? JEEZE.

white
    01 formula

HEYYY im 18 and i havent wrecked mine. i am alot more mature than any of the people ive met my age.so was that the CETA thats been there the last few weeks??ive seen it and was wondering who had it.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by fieropope View Post
    HEYYY im 18 and i havent wrecked mine. i am alot more mature than any of the people ive met my age.so was that the CETA thats been there the last few weeks??ive seen it and was wondering who had it.
    You're 18? lol I didn't know that
    It's Zack Clubb's. It's an 11.8 second car as it stands right now.
    It's not the best condition for a CETA, but eh. I heard he paid "decent" for it but it almost has 76k on it. So who knows! It's still nice and sounds incredible.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by fieropope View Post
    Just give it time

In all seriousness, good for you. Most younger adults don't respect or understand the power and how to properly control it. Hell, even some older adults don't. It's good to know that there are some responsible younger drivers out there. Geesh, I feel old after writing all of that.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information