Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Best Build?

This is a discussion on Best Build? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by tatertot91 How bout from now on you say 9" and a stroker Then you will not be ...

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    How bout from now on you say
    9" and a stroker
    Then you will not be alone
    fair enough

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    thanks for the support

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

big set of heads, big cam, fast 92mm intake with 92mm throttle, lid, x pipe with a good set of headers, and your choice of muffler and cat. 9'' with some 4.10's and an aftermarket drive shaft. And rebuild the tranny to hold good bit more than that, then throw your wet kit on it. Cause the fast intakes have it already built in so you can directly hook it up. oh yea cant forget the tune haha.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    big set of heads, big cam, fast 92mm intake with 92mm throttle, lid, x pipe with a good set of headers, and your choice of muffler and cat. 9'' with some 4.10's and an aftermarket drive shaft. And rebuild the tranny to hold good bit more than that, then throw your wet kit on it. Cause the fast intakes have it already built in so you can directly hook it up. oh yea cant forget the tune haha.
    Drive shaft safety loop as the u-joints will be the fuse in your drivetrain. Also, tires!! If not able to go full slicks, do MT DRs.

Don't you have to consider your cam for spray? Is a big cam what you want with forced induction? I thought no.

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

How bout from now on you say
    9" and a stroker
    Then you will not be alone
    HA!

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

as of last night - we found a bent pushrod... took a class field trip to autozone (woo hoo) since we have about ten engines in storage and no pushrods anywhere. fixed it, couldn't find the MDI for the stock reprogramming, ran it on the dyno to see the difference (136MPH @ 5800, 259 RWHP, 8.62 A/F @ WOT) and discovered that it was a bad idea since the program in it now has the timing advanced 4% and we bent another two pushrods. good thing we will get the updated MDI and flash the PCM back to stock so we stop bending internals but at least we have numbers running off of it!

we decided on upgrading pushrods, ported head, CAI, long tubes + Texas Speed catbacks, underdrive pulley, bigger cam & intake, 12 bolt, supercharger of some sort and possibly a wet shot but that's up in the air. the ford humper still wants to toss a 4.6 in it ...

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

ASP twin turbo kit
    inspired by Dr. Crash

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    as of last night - we found a bent pushrod... took a class field trip to autozone (woo hoo) since we have about ten engines in storage and no pushrods anywhere. fixed it, couldn't find the MDI for the stock reprogramming, ran it on the dyno to see the difference (136MPH @ 5800, 259 RWHP, 8.62 A/F @ WOT) and discovered that it was a bad idea since the program in it now has the timing advanced 4% and we bent another two pushrods. good thing we will get the updated MDI and flash the PCM back to stock so we stop bending internals but at least we have numbers running off of it!

we decided on upgrading pushrods, ported head, CAI, long tubes + Texas Speed catbacks, underdrive pulley, bigger cam & intake, 12 bolt, supercharger of some sort and possibly a wet shot but that's up in the air. the ford humper still wants to toss a 4.6 in it ...
    take him out back, beat him with a stick and tell him to not open his mouth again. the ford 4.6 is retarded big. its only smaller cubic inch wise. the outside dimension is almost v6 to v8 size difference. no need to chop the car up for an engine that has less potential for the money. you wont get anywhere with the 4.6 unless its boosted and that will make a hell of alot of problems tuning wise. seeing as how you guys are supposed to be learning.
    Last edited by 00z28bubba; 08-28-2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: typo

Stock
    2002 Camaro

ASP twin turbo kit
    inspired by Dr. Crash
    with a stroker......

but you sir are correct

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

ASP twin turbo kit
    inspired by Dr. Crash
    That would be a good idea if you are looking to have your turbo crack! Maybe it was a joke?

I would go Turbonetics or look into Kentucky Turbo if using a turbo. APS is no longer offering turbos for F-bodies due to several failures.

If SC, Procharger D1SC or F1 FTMFW!

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    That would be a good idea if you are looking to have your turbo crack! Maybe it was a joke?

I would go Turbonetics or look into Kentucky Turbo if using a turbo. APS is no longer offering turbos for F-bodies due to several failures.

If SC, Procharger D1SC or F1 FTMFW!
    when did this happen? i havent look in to this for a while

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    with a stroker......

but you sir are correct
    And a 9" lol

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    when did this happen? i havent look in to this for a while
    the truth about APS

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I agree APS was a sweet ass system. If you can get their set-up (plumbing) without their turbo's, I would go for it and just get a different manufacture turbo. It doesn't look like this is possible though.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Never mind
    Just a stroker then
    or this
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...s7-f-body.html

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

we decided against a turbo because the other folks in class were dead set on an STS and my teacher was pretty against it... im not sure why, my knowledge of forced induction is pretty basic (so far) ... i voted SC just cuz the car's basic use after it's finish will be for advertisement (AKA teacher wants it loud, powerful and impressive) for the school since it will be the first HP car to come out of the program since it started just recently.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

we decided against a turbo because the other folks in class were dead set on an STS and my teacher was pretty against it... im not sure why, my knowledge of forced induction is pretty basic (so far) ... i voted SC just cuz the car's basic use after it's finish will be for advertisement (AKA teacher wants it loud, powerful and impressive) for the school since it will be the first HP car to come out of the program since it started just recently.
    I have read nothing but good things about Procharger. Their systems put up some very good numbers and are very reliable.

Only problem with a centrifugal SC though is that boost ramps up with RPM. Thus, just as your are maximizing your boost, you are getting ready to shift.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Thanks alot for the info

white
    2000 Z28

more than likely because there are alot of flaws in the base sts rear mount systems. low quality products like plumbing and connections. thats most of what ive heard about them though. if you guys stay with that block get a nice exhaust set up and a sc. cowl hood and a kb blower. cant go wrong. or a solid roots type sc. i like the boost on command as opposed to waiting for rpms to build boost. procharger and vortech are nice setups aswell. i just like the thought of a somewhat rare kb ls1 4th gen. i am pretty sure the only reason the kb doesnt fit is the hood. the piping should be fine though. forged internals, a nice boost cam with matching heads, and solid flowing exhaust system. then of course supporting mods and suspension mods. but i think that is a real solid setup. or even a stroker thats fully forged set up for a sc. very stout set ups to say the least.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information