silver
    2000 camaro ss

Been stumped lately/Look at this!

Help! need a relay pic or description!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just rebuilt a totaled 2000 SS Camaro, Only lack installing the fender inner liners. Been starting and running fine, it decided not to start one day. Fuel pump is not getting power. Relay is good. Added some gas just in case there is a low gas level disabler. Looked under hood of a running 96 3.8, the relays were installed different from mine, I set mine like those, now it will hit/fire off a little gas but not getting enough fuel to start. Put 12v direct to pump hear buzzing but still no fuel! Reversed polarity, buzzed, still no fuel! Am checking for pressure at schrader on fuel rail. Checked grey wire to pump, is intact and not shorted. Have 12v to relay. I by golly am stumped. Can anyone e-mail me a photo of the relay positions on both boxes, or a description on which way the word Omni is positioned? I can't rule out vandalism. Sure will appreciate it.New info; the relays will work even when rotated 180 degrees, just reverses polarity on the coil. My battery had been run down, could the security sys. be blocking me???
    Truakita
    Last edited by truakita; 07-19-2007 at 08:36 PM.

White
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by truakita View Post
    Help! need a relay pic or description!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just rebuilt a totaled 2000 SS Camaro, Only lack installing the fender inner liners. Been starting and running fine, it decided not to start one day. Fuel pump is not getting power. Relay is good. Added some gas just in case there is a low gas level disabler. Looked under hood of a running 96 3.8, the relays were installed different from mine, I set mine like those, now it will hit/fire off a little gas but not getting enough fuel to start. Put 12v direct to pump hear buzzing but still no fuel! Reversed polarity, buzzed, still no fuel! Am checking for pressure at schrader on fuel rail. Checked grey wire to pump, is intact and not shorted. Have 12v to relay. I by golly am stumped. Can anyone e-mail me a photo of the relay positions on both boxes, or a description on which way the word Omni is positioned? I can't rule out vandalism. Sure will appreciate it.
    Truakita
    I can get you some pics....give me 15 mins

silver
    2000 camaro ss

SS-Power,
    I thank you very much. After setting my relays up per your photos I find my battery is dead, will try more tomorrow. Also discovered using a battery charger for power and a ohm meter the relays will still work right when rotated 180 degrees. If you are interested I'll keep you posted! Thanks Again,
    Truakita

White
    2000 SS Camaro

SS-Power,
    I thank you very much. After setting my relays up per your photos I find my battery is dead, will try more tomorrow. Also discovered using a battery charger for power and a ohm meter the relays will still work right when rotated 180 degrees. If you are interested I'll keep you posted! Thanks Again,
    Truakita
    Good luck with your car. Keep me updated.

silver
    2000 camaro ss

Thanks!
    It may as well start working because "Give Up" is not in my vocabulary!

White
    2000 SS Camaro

Thanks!
    It may as well start working because "Give Up" is not in my vocabulary!
    Did you ever get the car running?

silver
    2000 camaro ss

Not Yet

Not Yet!
    I work on a Ms. riverboat and just got home SATURDAY, I will keep you posted when I get started tinkering with it again and let you know how it goes.

silver
    2000 camaro ss

Sabotaged

Well I finally got to the bottom of it. Molasses got poured into the gas tank, along with an Explorer I rebuilt. No engine trouble as the syrup quickly plugged the fuel pump inlet screen. AND the lack of power to the relay was a bad computer. Either caused by low battery or someone shot juice to it to burn it up.
    Later

Light Metallic Pewter
    1999 Camaro Z28

Well I finally got to the bottom of it. Molasses got poured into the gas tank, along with an Explorer I rebuilt. No engine trouble as the syrup quickly plugged the fuel pump inlet screen. AND the lack of power to the relay was a bad computer. Either caused by low battery or someone shot juice to it to burn it up.
    Later
    When you find out who it is...

Thread Information