Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

Bad window switch? Bad express down module?

2000 Camaro SS
    A couple weird things happening with the windows/switches.
    Both windows do roll up and down with good speed, no problem there.

1. The passenger side window switch will roll the passengers side window up, but not down

2. On the drivers side, the window switch that controls the passenger window will roll the passenger window down, but not up

3. The passenger side lock/unlock switch will lock the doors, but will not unlock them.

Otherwise everything else works, drivers side window is fine, can lock and unlock from the drivers side no problem.

I've been searching, so far I believe i might have a bad "express down module" located down by the gas pedal?

I have popped out both driver/passenger side switches and everything is connected properly.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by b.lee View Post
    2000 Camaro SS
    A couple weird things happening with the windows/switches.
    Both windows do roll up and down with good speed, no problem there.

1. The passenger side window switch will roll the passengers side window up, but not down

2. On the drivers side, the window switch that controls the passenger window will roll the passenger window down, but not up

3. The passenger side lock/unlock switch will lock the doors, but will not unlock them.

Otherwise everything else works, drivers side window is fine, can lock and unlock from the drivers side no problem.

I've been searching, so far I believe i might have a bad "express down module" located down by the gas pedal?

I have popped out both driver/passenger side switches and everything is connected properly.
    You could have issues with the BCM. You said you have a bad express down module? I have a 98 I don't have express down module on the passenger side but not sure if the other models have it. you have autotrix express down module maybe? I just had issues with my passenger side window but i have autotrix window kit. One of the relays was bad.

Our car sometimes have an issue with some solder points at the BCM. There is a thread that shows you the points and all you do is resolder them. It had helped some people with window, locks and radio issues. I will try and find the thread for you.

If you remove the door panel and can get the window motor plug off you can measure voltage at the pins and it will let you know if the switch or relay are working. Same with the power lock. Is unusual for both to go out at the same time.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I couldn't find the BCM thread but I found a picture of the solder points that could go bad and need to be re solder. The BCM is underneath the passenger side dash. You remove the plastic cover from the bottom and if you look towards the door between the a/c blower motor and frame of the dash you will see a black box with two small plugs and a big blue plug connected to it. Unplug the plugs and slowly get the box out. Is kinda of hard but it will come out.

Last edited by JayTA98; 05-14-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

I'm not sure if I have a bad express down module or not... it was more of a question.

But none the less, thank you very much for taking the time to look around and post that information/pictures

I'll pull the BCM and check it out.

I'm curious if anyone has seen this problem in the past?
    and do these window switches actually go bad?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

yes they can go bad. Is kind of odd that the power lock and power window switches will go bad at the same time.
    if you can try an used or new switch it might be easier than pulling the bcm out

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

Ya I just bought the car not too long ago, so I'm not sure if they went out at the same time or not.
    It could have just happened over time, but I will try a known good switch then if no luck take out the BCM

Thanks again, I'll report back what fixes it

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

Bought some used switches from a member on ls1tech,

Replaced the passenger side switch .... didn't fix it.

Replaced the drivers side switch, bingo... both windows work great now.

Thanks for digging that info up JayTA98

Thread Information