Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bad Hub?

This is a discussion on Bad Hub? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by wileyCoyote good to hear that jay! did you get a new alignment too? i still kinda think ...

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    good to hear that jay! did you get a new alignment too? i still kinda think i'm hearing mainly tire noise too... though, unfortunately i don't think they're quite ready to be replaced yet...
    No need for alignment at this time. Yes my old ones were not ready to be replaced until 8 months later so I had to deal with the noise. After i do the front shocks and ball joints I will get an alignment. I'm still deciding if I'm keeping my lowering springs or go back to OEM's on the front.

I was looking for a mod that Tater sent me on a PM about cutting the top of the shock mount whenyou use regular shocks with lowering springs. i remember seeing that you cut it out with a band saw and then put the piece of spacer on top. that alowed the shock to set normal. I lost my PM's when we got the new site. I might have to PM tater about that mod link when I'm ready to do the shocks.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Im hoping that the front shock nut comes out easy... I have to figure out how to replace the lower ball joints since they are pressed.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Justin, I just read that you had or have primewells tires. thats the same ones I had in the front. they get really noisy.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    Justin, I just read that you had or have primewells tires. thats the same ones I had in the front. they get really noisy.
    lol cheapest tire I could find at the time, I had just gotten into college, had no job, and had spent a ton on tuition/moving my stuff/etcetc, I needed tires and wanted to spend as little as possible. now that I'm more financially stable and have some new wider wheels, I'll be getting some higher quality Continentals/Goodyears/Michelins when the time comes (about 10k miles)

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    lol cheapest tire I could find at the time, I had just gotten into college, had no job, and had spent a ton on tuition/moving my stuff/etcetc, I needed tires and wanted to spend as little as possible. now that I'm more financially stable and have some new wider wheels, I'll be getting some higher quality Continentals/Goodyears/Michelins when the time comes (about 10k miles)
    hey man i understand im not trying to say they suck(which they do) but you have to do what you have to do to keep the car running. It took me a while to invest almost $850 for 4 michellins pilot AS(say goodbye to buying my ar15). So far I like them and have solved my issue with vibration noise. I had a couple of shops tell me that i had a bent wheel. R tards...

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I was going to get Bf goodrichs but I kept reading reviews that they dont last long. I'm going to see how long these michelins last. Im not doing any racing on them just driving. They say they are 45k tires but I doubt that.

blue
    1999 TransAm

i think michelins are one of the top manufacturers, ...i'd suspect you'll be quite happy w/ them

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    i think michelins are one of the top manufacturers, ...i'd suspect you'll be quite happy w/ them
    They better make me happy i spend alot of money on these.

black
    02 trans am

Cool.. I'm going to check my front right hub... it started making a grinding noise......I will be buying Timken......

98 Formula
    06 duramax

check out rockauto for timken hubs.....one of the best if not THE best price on the web that I found when looking for my truck.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Ebay carries timken hubs too.

black
    02 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by stylincali View Post
    Cool.. I'm going to check my front right hub... it started making a grinding noise......I will be buying Timken......
    I almost mest up......It was the brake caliper.... A bolt had broken off, which caused it to just dangle around and cause it to make grinding noises.......... Eazy fix... ..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information