B1000 Trouble Code Need Help

This is a discussion on B1000 Trouble Code Need Help within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have searched countless hours and cannot find any real info on this, it says bad ECU. I find this ...

Pewter
    2001 Z28

B1000 Trouble Code Need Help

I have searched countless hours and cannot find any real info on this, it says bad ECU. I find this hard to believe when everything functions perfectly I just have a SES light on. Anyone have any info? The ECU I believe is the same as PCM, so why would it not be a P code? I thought B codes where BCM? I have read may be airbag related.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

B1000 is an internal fault code for the BCM, either for an internal "write malfunction" or "checksum malfunction". According to the service manual, it might be a wiring issue, however, it is most likely a bad BCM. You could open up the case and inspect the solder joints, however, that issue usually manifests itself with wonky door locks and such. The manual says if it is a historical code (meaning the fault occurred in the past, but is not currently present) to not replace the BCM and see if it clears on the requisite number of ignition cycles. If it is a current DTC, then it probably needs replaced. Hope this helps.

Pewter
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    B1000 is an internal fault code for the BCM, either for an internal "write malfunction" or "checksum malfunction". According to the service manual, it might be a wiring issue, however, it is most likely a bad BCM. You could open up the case and inspect the solder joints, however, that issue usually manifests itself with wonky door locks and such. The manual says if it is a historical code (meaning the fault occurred in the past, but is not currently present) to not replace the BCM and see if it clears on the requisite number of ignition cycles. If it is a current DTC, then it probably needs replaced. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for posting. I've had the code several times and it clears on its own. I just put new 02 sensors in and it still has a code for those, not really sure whats going on there.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

What code is it throwing for the O2 senders?

I would probably pull the BCM and at least eyeball things - might be something easy. You are the first one to post up on a B1000 code that I know of. I can scan and email you the diagnostic if you want it.

blue
    99 camaro

I bought a rooler and just got it all back together. I am getting the B1000 code as well. Did you find what was up with your car. thinks

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Been almost 3 months since the OP was on the site. Not sure if he ever got things figured out, or not.

Is B1000 the only code your car is tossing?

blue
    99 camaro

It is the only B code I am getting. I am getting a C code for the right front wheel speed senser.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Other than performing a battery disconnect to clear the code and checking the connection on the BCM, you may have an issue with the solder joints inside the case. However, this usually manifests itself with non-functioning or erratic functioning things like the power windows, locks, lights and such.

Thread Information