Thread: Auto Body Shop?

Arctic White
    98 Z-28

Auto Body Shop?

Last weekend some asshole hit my Z28 while it was parked at my apartment. Hit is so hard that it pretty much ripped off my rear bumper. Worse yet, I was parked next to a curb and he shoved my car into the curb. Now the body seems to be slightly off and the rear right wheel doesn't seem to line up with the front right wheel. So I'm pretty sure there might be some rear axle damage. My insurance company has a few shops in the area that they recommend, but they said that I have the right to take it anywhere I want. Either way I'm only paying the deductible. I'm wondering if I should take it to one of their recommended shops or take it to a dealership. Since the suspension is probably tweaked I don't really want any jerkoff working on it. Ideas?

white
    1998 ta

MOST GOOD BODY SHOPS can fix it just as good as the dealer and most of the time quicker

Black!
    04 Ram

body shop

Def take it to a local body shop (family owned/local owned) The only difference between Car dealers body shops and others is the price tag. I supply a lot of car dealers in my area with AC parts and Radiators... Guess what? when you go to Chevy to get a new "Chevy" radiator...they call a local supplier/wholesaler buy it for $85 and sell it to you for $240.

The local owned body shop will appreciate your business more, and they might be able to fix that small scratch on the side of door, etc for free... free to you anyhow.

Arctic White
    98 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by eliteautoac View Post
    Def take it to a local body shop (family owned/local owned) The only difference between Car dealers body shops and others is the price tag. I supply a lot of car dealers in my area with AC parts and Radiators... Guess what? when you go to Chevy to get a new "Chevy" radiator...they call a local supplier/wholesaler buy it for $85 and sell it to you for $240.

The local owned body shop will appreciate your business more, and they might be able to fix that small scratch on the side of door, etc for free... free to you anyhow.
    Good to know since I already picked the local shop.

Thread Information