Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Attempt tune, now car wont start

This is a discussion on Attempt tune, now car wont start within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I know this is ls1 info but I need to help my dad. So my father has a new 2012 ...

  1. #1
    Member flybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    408

    Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

    Attempt tune, now car wont start

    I know this is ls1 info but I need to help my dad. So my father has a new 2012 5.0. He bought a cold air intake and a bama tuner. Well we put the cold air intake on and put the tunner in. the download for a performance tune failed... So we retuned the car to stock tune and it ended up being a download fail again. Wtf. Now the car wont start at all.

    We called these guys back and they told us to retune the car back to stock. im thinkin the ecu is now all fucked. We did many attempts but failed. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Why would you attemp to tune it for only a CAI..?

  3. #3
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Some folks tune for CAIs and catbacks. Either the PCM is fried or whatever failed in the tune disabled the ignition system. Will the car crank at least?


    extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

  4. #4
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Probably need to tow it to a protuner. Handhelds are your enemy!

  5. #5
    Member flybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    408

    Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro:2763514
    Why would you attemp to tune it for only a CAI..?
    Yeah the cai reccomended the tune, plus he has a flowmaster hush power cat back. The handheld keeps failing.

  6. #6
    Member flybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    408

    Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat:2763515
    Some folks tune for CAIs and catbacks. Either the PCM is fried or whatever failed in the tune disabled the ignition system. Will the car crank at least?
    No car wont even attempt to start

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Does not sound promising...

  8. #8
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by flybird View Post
    Yeah the cai reccomended the tune, plus he has a flowmaster hush power cat back. The handheld keeps failing.
    Ahh ok, well prolly as the guys suggest gonna have to get it to a pro tuner now. That sucks.

  9. #9
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    A protuner will be able to tell you if you fried the PCM or if the handheld, if you don't already know, is worthless and then get yourself a proper tune.

    Send the handheld company the bill.

  10. #10
    Member flybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    408

    Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

    Damm this is some f*cked up stuff. I feel bad for him. The store is closed now, were gonna give them a call and see whats up. You think they'd pay for the car to get fixed? Or is this on us?

  11. #11
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by flybird View Post
    Damm this is some f*cked up stuff. I feel bad for him. The store is closed now, were gonna give them a call and see whats up. You think they'd pay for the car to get fixed? Or is this on us?
    Ehh you guys are prolly gonna have to eat this one.. But I'd still see what they say.. Sorry man..

  12. #12
    Member flybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    408

    Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro:2763538
    Quote Originally Posted by flybird View Post
    Damm this is some f*cked up stuff. I feel bad for him. The store is closed now, were gonna give them a call and see whats up. You think they'd pay for the car to get fixed? Or is this on us?
    Ehh you guys are prolly gonna have to eat this one.. But I'd still see what they say.. Sorry man..

    Not your fault, its ours. I mean this wasnt a cheap tunner, it came from american muscle site. Basically when we were uploading the custom tune the handheld crashed at 51% then thats when everything went to shit.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Check the company's website for FAQS or other info on failed uploads and see if there is a recovery procedure or something.

  14. #14
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Disconnect the terminals from the battery and short the terminals on the car together and hold it that way for a few minutes. Hook it back up, Then run the handheld.
    Last edited by KMdef9; 04-05-2012 at 05:49 PM.

  15. #15
    Member flybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    408

    Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

    Didnt try that, I just disonnected the negetive, counted to 10 , put it back on, still car wont start, its like its memory was swiped.. It doesnt know its own milage, it thinks its low on fuel, and the security light is flashing, and the guages are blinking red.

  16. #16
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by flybird View Post
    Didnt try that, I just disonnected the negetive, counted to 10 , put it back on, still car wont start, its like its memory. was swiped.. It doesnt know its own milage, it thinks its low on fuel, and the security light is flashing, and the guages are blinking red.
    Disconnecting the negative doesn't always open the circuit.

  17. #17
    Member TA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    863

    Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Is it an SCT tuner? if so, you need them to send you a recovery file. that will fix your problem.

    And im assuming the reason for the CAI tune is because you have a JLT or C&L set up that has the larger tube so your transfer tables had to be changed.

  18. #18
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    I agree with KMdef9. Disconnect the battery and wait at least 10 mins. Then try again. All those dash lights on are not a good sign. If the battery disconnect doesn't fix it take it to a tuner. They have more software tools that can help pin point the issue.

  19. #19
    Member flybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    408

    Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

    Quote Originally Posted by T/A98:2763597
    Is it an SCT tuner? if so, you need them to send you a recovery file. that will fix your problem.

    And im assuming the reason for the CAI tune is because you have a JLT or C&L set up that has the larger tube so your transfer tables had to be changed.
    Your right on the money. It is a c&l CAI. and yes it is a stc bama tuner. We have been trying to call them today but there not answering. Still attempting though

  20. #20
    Member TA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    863

    Black
    1998 Trans Am

    Try and contact SCT direct. They can email it to you and you just load it to the handheld.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help: car wont start and now gauges wont work!
    By AB'sLs1 in forum General Help
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-20-2013, 09:54 PM
  2. Help: car wont start
    By TransAmFanatic in forum General Help
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-26-2013, 10:23 AM
  3. my car wont start
    By keyto123 in forum General Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 06:21 PM
  4. Car wont start PLEASE HELP!!!
    By RS_SS69 in forum Rocky Mountain Members
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 02:32 PM
  5. car wont start
    By bdavies11 in forum General Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 05:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •