Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

Atfer fast 92/92 install

Hey guys I installed the fast 92/92 combo on the car yesterday. Everything seemed fine but now the trans is acting up like crazy when I stand on it the car will stay in gear or upshift????? If i manaully downshift it works great and hauls anyone heard of this bullshit before?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

The only thing that comes to mind is that GM service bulletin about overly-oiled K&N air filters where the oil transfers onto the MAF sensor wires and throws off the grams per second reading. Thats been known to cause transmission shift concerns. Anything like that ring a bell?

Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

It would if I used a k&n filter but i dont... I didn't have my egr block off plate at the time so i just disconnected the sensors and the tubes just bend out of the way. I have to put the block off plate on tonight or tomorrow you think that may have anything to do with it? I know all this computer bs one things not hooked up the whole thing could be jazzed up

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

yeah if you have an open EGR port on the exhaust manifold/header then thats a major exhaust leak that could be throwing off the O2 sensor readings and might be causing some other problems

Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

Yeah I'm putting on the egr block off plate on asap. The odd thing about it is when i manually downshift it, It flys big difference from before i'm just upset because my corsa install was fucked up as well and $2400 later my exhaust is chatting and the tranny is acting up.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

are you running with the egr open??? did you get tuned after all the installs???

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

well i think we figured out what the problem was. egr needs to removed or closed.

Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    well i think we figured out what the problem was. egr needs to removed or closed.
    Yeah the intake mani is closed/ sealed however the egr tube is just disconnected sensors removed etc. i didn't have the egr blockoff plate with me at the time so i'm going to put that on asap. I wouldn't see how that would effect the trans? I havn't had it tuned yet i have a april 9th appointment though. I gotta put on the electroic water pump still.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Itllrun View Post
    Yeah the intake mani is closed/ sealed however the egr tube is just disconnected sensors removed etc. i didn't have the egr blockoff plate with me at the time so i'm going to put that on asap. I wouldn't see how that would effect the trans? I havn't had it tuned yet i have a april 9th appointment though. I gotta put on the electroic water pump still.
    yeah... you got a poop load of fresh 02 coming in your header then... that is throwing off your 02 and causing all kinds of mayhem...

Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

I had the o2's deleted in my computer as well as torque management but i can see how the computer would be all over the map.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro z28

you didn't get ALL of the o2's deleted you only got the rear ones removed.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Itllrun View Post
    I had the o2's deleted in my computer as well as torque management but i can see how the computer would be all over the map.

more than likely you got the rear 02's done... unless you went wideband... you'd be amazed on what the pcm does...

Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

I only got the rears done. Yep that must be the problem thanks so much guys

I'm such a noob lol

NBM
    1998Z28

If I remember right one of the wires that is in the EGR harness goes back to the O2 sensors. I would make sure that the EGR harness is unplugged and none of the wires is touching the motor. I taped mine up and stuck them out of the way.
    TSP 347 SB, TSP Stage 2.5 PRC LS6, TSP MS4, Performabuilt Stage 2 4L60E, Yank PT4000, 4.11s, Fast 90/90, FTRA Cold air intake+all the free mods, Dynatech Supermaxx Exaust System, DMH Cutouts, Hooker Catback/FTRA Tips. Tuned by RPM/Garner NC. 11.28@119

Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    If I remember right one of the wires that is in the EGR harness goes back to the O2 sensors. I would make sure that the EGR harness is unplugged and none of the wires is touching the motor. I taped mine up and stuck them out of the way.
    Alright cool man thanks i'll look into that as well. I'd like to see the car go 12.50's this season i just hope i can work these kinks out so i can go get it dyno tuned

Thread Information