Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63

Anyone use a baby seat in their z28 ?

This is a discussion on Anyone use a baby seat in their z28 ? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Never had to use a rear facing seat when hauling my grandson around & there was plenty of room for ...

  1. #21
    Single Malt rbob93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,707

    Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

    Never had to use a rear facing seat when hauling my grandson around & there was plenty of room for a passenger

    Maybe it depends on the type seat you use??

  2. #22
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,998

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    Anyone have any model #s or brands that will fit? I'm talking about rear facing seats of course seems when baby gets a bit older sounds like forward facing seats will be no problem.
    Well I'm using a Graco SnugRide Something and the base and seat combo is pretty long (and tall) which is causing my problem. I'd say if you find one that is 1 or 2 inches smaller and possiblly even 1 or 2 inchs shorter, the passenger seat becomes more usable.
    I also like the idea of removing the rear seat cushion. That'll get the baby seat down farther which would allow a little more front seat decline.
    Anyways you can make it work. I've had my wife sit in the back seat before. She's 5'4"

  3. #23
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,998

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    Just thought of one more thing. If you get a smaller car seat, the baby will grow out of it sooner and you'll end up buying another one.

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    45
    94 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I've been hauling my nine month old girl around in my 'Bird just fine. You pretty much have to put a rear facing car seat behind the passenger seat. That requires the seat to be moved forward and/or the seat back to be folded forward. and that makes it just about impossible for anyone to ride in that passenger seat so mom will have to ride in the LR seat which is also about impossible.
    So when the 3 of us go somewhere together, we take the Malibu or the Grand Cherokee
    Whoa! I have a Camaro, a Malibu, and a Grand Cherokee. Small world!

  5. #25
    Senior Member taylorr12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,526
    I got rid of my car because of my baby. Yes you can do it. It's not safe, it's a pain, and the seat will tear up the seat of your car. When you're a parent it's time to think about your child, not what kind of car YOU want to drive. I'm not trying to be a bitch, but that's my 2 cents.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,083

    SOM
    2002 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorr12 View Post
    I got rid of my car because of my baby. Yes you can do it. It's not safe, it's a pain, and the seat will tear up the seat of your car. When you're a parent it's time to think about your child, not what kind of car YOU want to drive. I'm not trying to be a bitch, but that's my 2 cents.
    I hear what you are saying. Personally I feel it's not necessary as long as it IS safe. Why should I get rid of my car when the baby has no clue what car he is in ? Mom has a 4 door and i do have a corvette too ( the root cause of the bitchin) but when I'm going to and from to work everyday By MYSELF i want to be driving a Z

  7. #27
    Senior Member taylorr12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    I hear what you are saying. Personally I feel it's not necessary as long as it IS safe. Why should I get rid of my car when the baby has no clue what car he is in ? Mom has a 4 door and i do have a corvette too ( the root cause of the bitchin) but when I'm going to and from to work everyday By MYSELF i want to be driving a Z
    Yeah that's fine. When you have enough money to have your toy and a 4 door or something more pratical/safe for your baby then there is absolutly nothing wrong with that. Maybe im just a paranoid mother, but I would worry wayyy to much to have my baby in my old car (98 ws6). It's just not about you anymore when you have a child, it's about them. As a parent you do whatever iis necessary to keep your child safe. You know?

  8. #28
    Senior Member bigrondownhiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,674

    Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorr12 View Post
    Yeah that's fine. When you have enough money to have your toy and a 4 door or something more pratical/safe for your baby then there is absolutly nothing wrong with that. Maybe im just a paranoid mother, but I would worry wayyy to much to have my baby in my old car (98 ws6). It's just not about you anymore when you have a child, it's about them. As a parent you do whatever iis necessary to keep your child safe. You know?
    Just wondering, why don't you think a ta is not safe?

  9. #29
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,170

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    ^^^Yeah, I was wondering that too. I don't feel the least bit unsafe when I drive Too Fast with my wife and my 4 and 6 year old kids in it.

    I didn't feel unsafe when they were in the baby seats either. Yeah, these cars are not as safe as a bigger,heavier van/truck/big ugly thing, but they handle and stop better.

  10. #30
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    rear facing seats eat up a ton of room no matter what car they're in. Unless you're a midget I don't see anyone sitting comfortably in front of a rear facing seat in an f-body. I've used rears all the way up to boosters in my f-body. They can be made to work and forward facing seats aren't too bad but the rear facing seats is what will get you.

  11. #31
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,998

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorr12 View Post
    It's not safe, it's a pain, and the seat will tear up the seat of your car.
    I disagree. It is safe. It's only a pain when you want take the baby and one more adult somewhere (which is why we don't do that very often in the 'Bird). My cloth seats are holding up just fine. Plus I'm considering removing the lower cushion for more room.

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    rear facing seats eat up a ton of room no matter what car they're in.
    Yeah they do. They barely fit in our Malibu. Can't put the seat all the back in the Grand Cherokee either.
    Last edited by Cutlass; 05-16-2009 at 04:32 AM.

  12. #32
    Member jambofla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northwest Florida
    Posts
    409

    Black
    2002 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    I can assure you that if you put a baby in my SS with me driving, it will never fall asleep and it would definetly be crying!
    It might sound like a super charger wine

  13. #33
    Junior Member reds10406's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    WI
    Age
    37
    Posts
    64

    Velocity Yellow
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    Your kid will need one of these:http://www.jegs.com/i/Simpson/856/90000/10002/-1
    I got that seat for my daughter in my camaro.

    Anyone know where to get the baby seat hooks that are in the 2000 and newer camaros? Mine does not have them and they would make putting in the seat alot easier.

  14. #34
    Senior Member taylorr12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    Just wondering, why don't you think a ta is not safe?
    If you're hit on the side by where the baby was it would be disasterious. Im not saying/meaning they are just totally unsafe. It's just that I wanted something so that I can put my baby in the middle of the back seat, becuase that's what I feel my baby is safer with. I'm not saying your a shitty person/ parent if you put your baby in an f-body. It's just not what I would do.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,170

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorr12 View Post
    If you're hit on the side by where the baby was it would be disasterious. Im not saying/meaning they are just totally unsafe. It's just that I wanted something so that I can put my baby in the middle of the back seat, becuase that's what I feel my baby is safer with. I'm not saying your a shitty person/ parent if you put your baby in an f-body. It's just not what I would do.
    OH YES YOU WERE!!!!! LOL

    Anyway, I see your point about putting the kid in the middle spot of the rear seat, that is the safest place for it to be. That's where our kids were when we drove them around in the Jeep.

    On a side note, how the hell did I survive in my Momma's lap, in the front seat of the '67 Chevelle wagon back in the day? I remember driving in that car, pulling a small pop up trailer to CA and back in 1968. I was 5 then.

  16. #36
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpenguin13 View Post
    my 5 year old has been in a carseat in the back of my TA since he was born, so has my 4 month old. so all that crap about "gotta sell my car for something more practical"....boooooshit. if your not a lazy-ass than TA's and Camaros will do just fine. its not like the kid is 5 times the size of your car or anything. sorry, going on a rant here.
    Exactly right. People have gotten lazy. We have never owned a 4 door and don't plan to. Just don't see the need.
    I simply used a front facing seat and used it in every car from the classic hotrods to both 4th gens.
    Never had an issue with it and would do it again if need be. My wife is 5'6" and sat in the back with him alot. But she rides in the front seat just fine when he is behind it. I even have him ride in the front passenger seat when my wife wasn't riding along. I have the air bags unplugged.
    I always had the baby seat sitting on a pillow, now he just sits on the pillow and the baby seat is no longer

  17. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    48

    Medium Blue
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Exactly right. People have gotten lazy. We have never owned a 4 door and don't plan to. Just don't see the need.
    I simply used a front facing seat and used it in every car from the classic hotrods to both 4th gens.
    Never had an issue with it and would do it again if need be. My wife is 5'6" and sat in the back with him alot. But she rides in the front seat just fine when he is behind it. I even have him ride in the front passenger seat when my wife wasn't riding along. I have the air bags unplugged.
    I always had the baby seat sitting on a pillow, now he just sits on the pillow and the baby seat is no longer
    I agree, there is absolutely nothing wrong with transporting children in an f-body. It's just as safe to transport them in as any sedan.

  18. #38
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief762x39 View Post
    I agree, there is absolutely nothing wrong with transporting children in an f-body. It's just as safe to transport them in as any sedan.
    Ya I figure if I can tote them around in a nomad with drum brakes and virtually no safety equipment (seat belts were an option in 1956 ) Then they are plenty safe in a 4th gen

  19. #39
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Decatur Al
    Age
    36
    Posts
    135

    NBM
    99 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorr12 View Post
    If you're hit on the side by where the baby was it would be disasterious. Im not saying/meaning they are just totally unsafe. It's just that I wanted something so that I can put my baby in the middle of the back seat, becuase that's what I feel my baby is safer with. I'm not saying your a shitty person/ parent if you put your baby in an f-body. It's just not what I would do.
    What if you have two at a time like me and my wife there goes the middle of the back sreat out the window. I traded my T/A on a g6 for more room, boys still set by the window, 2 and a half years later they ride in the back of my Z28 and say daddy's car fast mommy's car slow daddy's car loud mommy's car quiet brings a tear to my eyes .

  20. #40
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    OH YES YOU WERE!!!!! LOL

    Anyway, I see your point about putting the kid in the middle spot of the rear seat, that is the safest place for it to be. That's where our kids were when we drove them around in the Jeep.

    On a side note, how the hell did I survive in my Momma's lap, in the front seat of the '67 Chevelle wagon back in the day? I remember driving in that car, pulling a small pop up trailer to CA and back in 1968. I was 5 then.
    I remember riding in the back hatch area in my parents old fullsize station wagon. rode several times in the back of my fathers pickup (with cap on) where we had a big foam bed back there to sleep/play from Maryland to Canada and back......its amazing any of us are still here to talk about the good old days lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Baby seat for WS6
    By Whamhammer in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-04-2015, 06:49 AM
  2. Wanted: Stock 93-02 t/a tan driver side leather seat,or seat cover
    By fbodyNATION in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 01:29 AM
  3. Wanted: Grey leather seat or used racing seat with brackets anyone?
    By SP33Daddict in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 06:50 AM
  4. Can You Fit A Baby Seat In A Camaro?
    By AF1Strider in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 04:25 PM
  5. How to install a baby seat/tether clip in my Z28?
    By JSGTPD in forum General Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 12:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •