Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone have this problem?

This is a discussion on Anyone have this problem? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 awwwwww that was mean about that autos! haha not nice girls can get away with an ...

Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    awwwwww that was mean about that autos! haha
    not nice

girls can get away with an auto, guys cant unless they have some serious horsepower thats better with an auto

sorry off topic! continue......
    Really, seems like guys can get "away" with it just find. Seeing as most people with sticks are experts at driving them the autos seem to be a better option in a race anyway.

Limited Edition #1242
    2002 Camaro SS LE

If you have the SES light and you're showing any problems with the O2 sensors or the car is missing on one bank, check the PVC hose. They are notorious for going bad on the 00-02 since they were fairly thin, material wise. Once replaced the car will run fine. I ran the diag machines along with the rest of the works. In the end, it cost me $85 from the Chevy doctor to give the car a physical and find it's ailment.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

if the light is comming on, then going off again its prolly a small evap leak. something like not tightening ur gas cap, that's what im gonna say if the light comes on then goes off, if a sensor was bad/misfire it wouldnt go off unless the codes were cleared/problem fixed
    as long as the light isnt flashing at you its prolly just a sensor, pull the codes *auto can do that for you* and bring us back the codes we'd be able to help you better

btw jmh... autos are better in a race!? no way!? i guess thats why i do have 3 turbo400s in my garage..... damn maybe my brother isnt as crazy as i thought, thanks for filling me in! *being completely sarcastic if u arent catching on*

Pewter
    99 Firehawk convertable

engine light

About a month ago I had a speed shop install my lts & ory- pipe and the o2 simms. They soddered the connections together & taped them up. It seems when there is moisture or damp out my light comes on. Had them pull the code and it said o2 sensor, they reset it and all was fine until the weather changed again light is back on again. They asked me to bring it back in to put up on the rack and re-do the connections again, they think that moisture is getting in where they had taped the connector together. I guess I'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare99Firehawk View Post
    About a month ago I had a speed shop install my lts & ory- pipe and the o2 simms. They soddered the connections together & taped them up. It seems when there is moisture or damp out my light comes on. Had them pull the code and it said o2 sensor, they reset it and all was fine until the weather changed again light is back on again. They asked me to bring it back in to put up on the rack and re-do the connections again, they think that moisture is getting in where they had taped the connector together. I guess I'll see what happens.
    Ya I am a little leary of solder connections and tape/heat shrink in an area that is subjected to moisture. Someone makes those 02 extension harnesses that have the correct weather pack connectors, and is simply a plug and play deal and should be weather tight, that is what I would use for the front 02's where the longer wires are needed,,,,as far as the 02 sims for the rear I would just have those tuned out so it's no longer an issue.

Limited Edition #1242
    2002 Camaro SS LE

A bad PVC hose will cause the SES to come on and then go off, depending upon how often the split doesn't seat properly. That's what happened to me as stated above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information